Remember Me

~Anna's POV~

Don't ask me how, but I finally gain enough strength to squeeze Tom's hand. And then there is a loooot of yelling. But I want to smile because I hear the doctor say Im almost awake. I know he's right because I can feel it. The need to be fully alive again is just so overwhelming.. I need to get out of this coma. And so, I do. I open my eyes, and get blinded by how bright it is out here.
"Wuhhhhh?" I stutter and barley lift up my head.
"ANNA!" My mom screams, sprints over to me and engulfs me in a hug. My dad does the same, along with Becca, and lastly Tom. I can't really speak because of emotions, and I'm simply too weak. But I start to cry as soon as I see Tom.
"I love you I love you I love you I love you..." Tom whispers as he hugs me tightly.
"T-tom-m-m." I try and say.
"Ye-yeah?" He replies grinning.
"I heard you." I say.
"What do you mean, bunny?" He asks. He uses my nickname, and that makes me even more happy.
"I mean that, in between dreams, I heard you taking to me. I missed you too and I love you so much." I tell him.
"Y-you heard me? That's amazing Anna." He kisses my forehead. The doctors come in and they all have to leave for a little, but that's okay because I know that Tom will still be outside once im done. An hour later, after being swarmed with doctors and questions, they concluded that i had severe memory loss. They said they'd let a physologist see me later to see if they could do anything.
"Someone change the IV!" I hear the male doctor bark orders at a nurse. He takes a bandage off my head, cleans my forehead, and puts a new bandaid on. Next he re-warps my arm, shoulder, and knee. He removes the bandage from my nose and looks me in the eyes.
"Im glad to see you back. Now, what hurts?" He asks.
"My shoulder and head." I reply.
"Okay, take this." He hands me a few pills and a glass of water.
"Thanks." I say. "When can I get out of here?"
"Wow, we've got an impatient one. Four days from now maybe. But for now, you should sleep." He tells me, leaves, and shuts the door behind him.
That guy can suck a cactus if he thinks I'm going to sleep after weeks of nothing but sleeping. I call for Tom, and he comes back in.
"Hey, are you okay?" He asks warmly.
"Yeah, can you stay with me?" I say.
"Sure." He replies. "But if it's okay, there are some people that want to see you first." I nod and he leaves the room. A minute later, about 5 teenagers enter the room, all overjoyed to see me.
"Anna!" A girl with blonde hair smiles and hugs me. "Im sorry that most of your memory is gone. Do you by any chance.. Recognize anyone here?" She says cautiously.
I look around at their faces. There is a boy wearing glasses and a fedora, a boy with curly brown hair, a boy with short reddish hair, and a cute dark haired boy standing off to the side.
"Im sorry.. I don't remember any of you." I whisper.
"Th-that's okay." The girl says, although she looks hurt. "Im julia, and we're, well, best friends."
"Oh, Im sorry.." I apologize again, but give her a small smile.
"And Im Patrick, Julia's boyfriend. You and I are also close friends." The boy with the fedora smiles and squeezes my hand.
"Hi Patrick." I smile back.
"Im Joe and Ive missed you a lot!" The boy with curly brown hair says.
"Yeah, same. Im andy!" Andy smiles warmly.
"Hi guys!" I grin. Julia nudges the cute boy who hasn't said anything yet.
"I-Im Pete... Your boyfriend." He says quietly.
The voice of someone who hurt me. I heard him when I was in the coma. I know him... But why don't I remember him? Wait a sec, did he say boyfriend?
"Boyfriend?" I ask, in shock.
"Yeah.." He looks at Patrick.
"Oh.. Well hi." I say to him.
"Can I hug you?" He asks. I nod. He gently hugs me, being careful around my IVs and multiple bandages.
"I've missed you.. I lov-" He begins to say but suddenly, Julia kicks him in the shin. And when I say kicks, i mean KICKS.
"OW WHAT THE-" Pete shrieks.
"That's what you get! How dare you say you love her when you did that to her!How could you cheat on her and then have the nerve to say you love her when she doesn't remember a thing!?" Julia yells in his face, tears threatening to spill. Pete looks at the ground.
"What's going on?" I whisper to Julia. She looks at me with kind eyes.
"Let me explain."

~Julia's POV~
I make the guys leave so I can talk to Anna alone. First, I explain how her and Pete started dating. I explained Fall Out Boy, our friendship, school, and so many other things.
"So, why did you kick Pete in the shin?" She laughs nervously.
"Well.. He cheated on you with Bob's daughter, Talia. 3 times.. And that made you want to get away from him and when you went to cross the street you-" My voice cracks.
"I got hit by teens who were drunk driving." She finishes.
"Yeah." I nod.
Anna starts humming. At first, I try to ignore it and try to think, but then I realize something.
"ANNA!" I yell, shocked.
"W-WHAT?" She jumps a little from her bed.
"Sorry.. It's just.. Stay here!" I yell.
"Like I have a choice." I hear her laugh before I'm out of the room.

~Patrick's POV~
"Im a horrible person." Pete cries into my shoulder.
"Stop saying that." I demand.
"But it's true." He whispers. "I hate myself so much for doing that to her, it's my fault she was on that coma."
"Will you stop? It's not your fault she's hurt. It's those drunk assholes' faults!" I say.
"But julia said-" He begins.
"She was just mad." I cut him off.
As if on cue, Julia's head pops out of the door.
"You guys might wanna hear this." She says and dissapears back into the room. I look at Pete and we both get off the bench in the hallway and go inside the room. Joe and Andy follow.
"Anna, can you do that again?" Julia asks her, giving me a "pay attention" look.
"I guess so..." She hums the chorus of Sugar We're Going Down.
"H-how do you know that?" Pete asks, amazed. She doesn't answer him right away. And when she does, she doesn't make eye contact.
"I don't know.. It's just there. I've always loved music, maybe that's why it stayed with me." She replies.
"I don't blame you, for being you, but you can't blame me.." I sing softly.
"For hating it.." She finishes perfectly.
I smile.
"Do another one!" Julia claps.
"My shadows the only one that walks beside me.." Pete starts.
"My shallow heart's the only thing that's beating." Anna finsishes. After a long moment of silence, she speaks up.
"I-I remember something."
"What?" Julia asks.
"I remember how we met." She looks at Pete. Pete's expression brightens.
"Y-you do?"
"Yeah. In a music store. After I watched you from the bushes." She laughs.

~Tom's POV~
Mom, dad, Becca and I walk back to the room from the food court. We ate a lot for the first time in 2 weeks.
"They said they'd send a physologist to the room and see if the memory loss is temporary." My mom says. My dad nods and smiles. We actually get to the room at the same time the Physologist does.
"Hi, you must be Anna's family." The young woman says to us, and shakes our hands.
"Yes." My mom smiles.
"Im Dr. Peleski, follow me inside." Dr. Peleski says. We follow her inside and are greeted by Julia, Pete, Joe and.. The other two that I always forget, cheering. Anna just sits there with a small smile on her face, that transforms into a grin when she sees me.
"Whats going on?" Becca asks Julia.
"She remembers how she met Pete!" Julia says, thrilled.
"Kids, please leave." Dr. Peleski says in a serious tone. At first they look at her like she's crazy, but then they all exit the room after hugging Anna.
Dr. Peleski brings chairs out and sets them in a line next to her hospital bed.
"Hi Tom." Anna smiles.
"Hey bunny." I smile back.
"Anna, do you remember your last name?" Dr. Peleski asks.
"DeLonge." Anna answers.
"How old are you?" She asks again, scribbling down something on a notepad.
"16." Anna answers curtly. She can tell this physcologist doesn't care about anything but getting paid.
"What state do you live in?" Peleski asks.
"Uhm..." Anna's face scrunches up. "I don't know."
"Interesting. You live in South Carolina." Peleski says and scribbles more notes down.
"You know the names of your family members, correct?" Peleski asks again, her expression blank.
"Yeah." Anna mumbles.
"How about your friends?" She asks again.
"I didn't at first. They told me who they were so now I do." Anna says.
"Can you explain if you felt anything while you were in the coma?" Peleski questions.
"I dreamt a lot, In between dreams I could hear voices and all I saw was black." Anna answers.
"Any pain?" Peleski asks.
"My head hurt. But nothing else really." Anna says.
"Do you remember this?" Peleski holds up a picture of our house in Pennsylvania.
"Yeah.. I live there.. Right?" Anna looks confused.
"No bunny. We used to live there. Then you guys moved." I say.
"Oh.." She looks confused still. After an hour of more useless questions, Peleski concludes that Anna remembers things that she has a deep emotional connection with, such as family and music. She told us that there wasn't a big chance of it being temporary, and we couldn't really do anything to help it. I wanted to call bullshit. I knew a way to trigger her memory. Last night I read about different ways of therapy, and one stuck out to me clearly.
Music therapy. Since Anna had told us about her remembering moments affiliated with songs, it seemed obvious, right?