What a Catch

~Pete's POV~

I'm bored out of my mind. Elyse and Karen just won't shut up and it's kinda annoying to be the only one without a girlfriend here. We're all standing in a group outside of some stores. I look around, trying to find something interesting, when I see a figure in the bushes. It looks like... a girl?

I quietly sneak away from the group, and then realize they wouldn't have noticed even if i was the loudest person on earth. I duck into my favorite place to go to- Jack's music store. I pick up my favorite bass guitar and start playing one of my favorite Green Day songs, Boulevard of Broken Dreams. My train of thought wonders and I find myself thinking about the girl that was hiding in the bushes. I stop playing but hear someone softly, yet perfectly, sing:

"My shallow heart's the only thing that's beating."

I whip my head around to see a beautiful girl with dark brown hair and bright green eyes. She's skinny, but not in an unhealthy way. She has a blink 182 shirt on, (How perfect can you be?) leggings, and converse. She quickly covers her mouth and blushes.

"Hey, I'm pete." I say grinning.

"H-hi I'm anna" She says nervously. Her voice is shaky, and I kind of want to hug her so she'll be calm. Wait a second, was she is the girl from behind the bushes?

"You have a lovely voice" I tell her, still grinning like an idiot.

"Th- thank you." Anna replies.

"How old are you? What grade are you going into?" I ask, immediately regretting it because I probably sound creepy. But she just smiles and answers, "I'm 15 and going into 10th grade... How about you?"

"Im 16 and going into 10th!" I reply  still with that stupid grin on my face.

"Oh cool!" She says smiling back. Her grin is contagious.

"Wait how come ive never seen you before?" I question.

"My family just moved here from Pennsylvania." She says, her smile fading a little. That must be hard. I can't imagine leaving this place for a completely new city.

"Well, welcome! Im sure you'll love it here." I try to smile in a non creepy way.

"Thanks! And yeah, I think so too. By the way, you're really amazing at guitar" She says.

I feel my cheeks grow hot.

"Oh wow.. Thanks!" I say laughing.

"No problem!" She exclaims, taking a look at all of the guitars.

"Hey uhmm... Want me to show you the town?" I ask nervously, silently pleading for a yes.

"Sure that would be really cool!" Anna beams.

"Okay! Follow me." I say,
running out the door.

"Hey wait up!" She yells after me, laughing.

I round the corner and then remember my friends.

"Pete!" My friend Darren calls. "Where have you been?"

"Uhmm...." I stutter, looking back for Anna. But she isn't behind me. I see her head quickly dissapear from behind the corner. "Hold on..."

There are confused looks on everyone's faces, but the girls go straight back to blabbering on.

I round the corner again and ask Anna why she didn't follow me.

"Im not good with people..." She says, looking down.

"Sure you are! C'mon." I say, pulling her down the sidewalk by her hand.

"Hey guys, this is Anna." I say loudly to the group.

Everyone goes silent and stares at her. I feel really bad, because they can be super judgy.

My nicest friend, Christain,  gives the others a death glare, and then smiles at her. "Hi Anna, nice to meet you! I'm Christain."

"Hi Christain. You too." Anna says quietly, with a forced smile.

The girls still don't say anything. I feel bad again. Then I realize I'm still holding her hand, and give it a little squeeze. That catches her off gaurd a little bit, but then she gives me a small smile. I could get used to this.