Best Kept Secret

~Pete's POV~

I couldn't believe she didn't tell me earlier! How could you hide something like that? Everyone fell into an awkward silence, and I stared at the door. After what seemed like forever, the handle moved, and the door opened. Everyone else looked up. The man appeared, and called Patrick and Julia to come out.

"Bye guys..." Patrick said, cringing.

"Good luck." Julia told us, especially looking towards Anna. They left the room, leaving Gerard, Mikey, Frank, Anna and I.

"Sooooo..." Frank said awkwardly.

"Sooo uhh, Ray couldn't make it?" I asked the three.

"He didn't feel the best." Mikey replied.

"Oh that's too bad." Anna chimed in quietly.

"Yeah, he'll get over it." Gerard grinned. The door opened again, but this time Frank was called out.

"Bye guys!" Frank said to us, looking especially at Gerard. "Good luck."

He then left the room, right as I received a text from Patrick.

tricky stump:

Not that bad. They just tell your parents about what happened and give you a "warning."Its hell when you get home, though.

Well I guess that was good and bad. The door suddenly opened again, and the man called Gerard and Mikey.

"Seeya kids, dont die." Gerard told us.

"Bye." Mikey said. Once they left, it was only Anna and I.

"Look- I'm sorry." I said. "It just caught me so off guard-"

"Was that a pun?" She said laughing.

I laughed too. "Maybe."

"Its okay, sorry I didnt tell you earlier. Its just kinda annoying and I wanted you to see me as me, not the guy from blink-182's sister." She said.

"Don't worry, I see you as you. And you are pretty great." I told her.

She blushed. "Thanks Pete." The door opened and the man appeared, yet again. This time he called my name.

"Bye, good luck. Ill see you later." I said to Anna, going out the door with the man. I wanted to stay with her but my parents would get even angrier than they looked now. They were standing in the center of the room, with their arms crossed. Probably pissed because they had to miss some of work for this.

"I'm just going to cut right to it." Said the man. (I still hadn't learned his name) "Your son was a part of a major food fight in the food court about an hour ago. Now he wasn't the ring leader, so he will be let off easy with a warning. But if anything else like this happens again, he will be banned from the mall."

"Thank you, and again we apologize for his actions." My mom said, glancing at me.

"Uh yeah sorry" I added.

The man nodded, and there was a knock on the door. He opened it and I saw Anna's dad come in. He looked at me with a joking "Uh oh." I smiled. He seemed like a pretty chill guy.

"Hi Mr. DeLonge." I said to him.

"Hi Pete." He said back. I saw a faint look of recognition on my dads face, and I knew he recognized the last name. As much as he would deny it, he was a huge Blink fan. I guess it just seemed "unprofessional." I introduced Mr. DeLonge to my parents, and after saying goodbye we left. Once we got into the car my mom started giving me the usual lecture about interrupting a huge meeting and how I needed to be more responsible.