A Daydream Away

8 days later
~Anna's POV~
Jack's idea worked. Within the past weeks I have remembered almost everything, from childhood to school. I'm back to full mental and physical health. It's really amazing to be in full control of my life again. And it's all because of my newest friends. I've been able to come every day and work with Tom, until Jack and Alex get back from school and they join us. That's one thing Im dreading returning to- school. But the doctors said I can return this Monday at the latest. It's Friday now, and im sitting here with the two goofs themselves.
Jack's idea was to write songs. With his, Alex, and Tom's help, I've written 4 songs so far. Julia and I are even thinking about forming a band. The only thing is, we'd need a lead guitarist and a bass player. Who knows, maybe it'll happen someday.
"Jackkkk! Get off me." Alex groans. Alex struggles to push Jack off his lap, but then gives up and collapses.
"Awh. Otp." I say under my breath. You see, after the first hour of being with them that first day, I realized that they both liked each other. Tom knew it too, I could tell. It seemed everyone knew, but them of course. Alex's phone rings. Turns out he's late to a special family dinner.
"Bye Anna, Bye Jack!" He smiles, grabs his bag and sprints out the door.
"And then there were two." I say laughing. "Jack can I ask you something?"
"Sure, anything." He replies.
"Do you.. Like Alex?" I say cautiously. His cheeks turn red and he turns away. "Yeah, of course, he's my best friend.." He replies quietly.
"You know what I meant, Jack. You can tell me anything, you know that too." I smile at him.
"Okay maybe a little- Wait how did you know?" Jack asks defensively.
"Well uh.... You want the truth?" I look into his eyes.
"No, please lie." He says sarcastically but then laughs. "Yeah."
"It's kinda obvious that you like Alex and Alex likes you." I say slowly.
"Alex doesn't like me. Why would he?" Jack's expression turns sad.
"Excuse me, Barakat? Look, im not one for cursing but you're pretty fucking great." I declare.
"Thanks, pal. You too. Even though I've only known you a weeks or so, I feel like we're gonna be friends for awhile." Jack smiles at me. I've heard that before.... But maybe this time it would be different.
"Thanks, I feel the same way." I say. A moment of silence passes.
"How can we get Alex to know I like him?" Jack asks me quietly. I think for a minute.
"Do what we do best. We'll write him a song! You can even perform it in front of a bunch of people." I say excitedly.
"That's a great idea! Can I show you something?" Jack asks me again
"Of course." I reply as he takes out a notebook.
"I wrote this song for Alex.. It's not good at all, but tell me what you think." He flips to a page filled with scribbled lyrics.

I wish you could see your face right now
'Cause you're grinning like a fool
And we're sitting on your kitchen floor
On a Tuesday afternoon
It doesn't matter when we get back
To doing what we do
'Cause right now could last forever
Just as long as I'm with you

You're just a daydream away
I wouldn't know what to say if I had you
And I'll keep you a daydream away
Just watch from a safe place
So I never have to lose

We would go out on the weekend
To escape our busy lives
And we'd laugh at all the douche-bag guys
Chasing down their desperate wives
I would drink a little too much
You'd offer me a ride
And I would offer you a t-shirt
And you would stay another night

But you're just a daydream away
I wouldn't know what to say if I had you
And I'll keep you a daydream away
Just watch from a safe place
So I never have to lose

We never stood a chance out there
Shooting love in real-time
So we'll take it over ice tonight
With a little salt
And a little lime

You're just a daydream away
I wouldn't know what to say if I had you
And I'll keep you a daydream away
Just watch from a safe place
So I never have to lose

You're just a daydream away
I wouldn't know what to say if I had you
"Oh my god, Jack! These are amazing!" I say, enthusiasticly.
He laughs. "Thanks. The only problem is, I can't really sing well, so I can't perform it for him."
"I've heard you sing, Jack. You're quite good, just like you're good at everything else. Stop doubting yourself!" I punch him in the shoulder.
"But I seriously can't sing." Jack insists, laughing. I make an exasperated noise. He thinks for a minute.
"I'll sing if you sing with me." He says with a sly smile. He's good. I could never refuse him, and he knows that.
"Jaaaaack." I groan.
"Annaaaa." He mocks.
"I'd panic and freeze up." I say quietly.
"You'd be nervous at the beginning, but once you start singing, you'll drown out everything and let the music surround you." He says, completely serious.
"That was deep." I laugh. "But... You're probably right."
"I know. So will you do it?" He begs.
"Well.. I guess so." I give in.
"️️YAY YAY YAY! THANK YOU SO MUCH!" Jack yells and throws his arms around me.