Young and Reckless

~Anna's POV~

He's knowingly holding my hand. I feel like the happiest person in the world. He probably just feels sorry for me, you know with those girls staring me down. Oh well. I catch him staring at our hands, biting his lip.

"Well I promised Anna I'd show her the rest of the town now, so catch you guys later!" Pete says as he leads me by the hand again, both of us speed walking until we're out of sight. We end up sitting on a bench in a park.

"Im really glad that I met you" I tell Pete.

He grins. "Me too!" He stands up and grabs my arms, pulling me up too. I want to say "please dont let go" but all I manage is "thanks Pete!"

Pete lets go of one of my hands but keeps the other and starts leading me off to another place.

"Where are we going? " I say, randomly using a British accent. My cheeks turn red after I realize how weird that probably was.

"You'll see mate." Pete says in an absolutely awful accent.
"May I ask why?" He says with a small laugh.
"My friend Callie and I used to use British accents all the time. I dunno it was kinda just... Our thing I guess." I look down, a little sad at the thought of Callie.
Pete takes my hand and looks at me. I study his brown eyes carefully. They are a bright, carmel colored brown. I could get so lost in them. He smiles and we begin walking again.

We soon come to a little foot bridge over a very pretty stream.

"Wow everything is so beautiful here!" I say smiling.

~Pete's POV~

I want to blurt out "Especially you!" but I held myself back... Barely.

I manage a "yeah it is" instead. I'm going to take her to a special place here in the park where I write my lyrics. I hope she likes it.

"Follow me, just for a little bit longer." I say. And she follows.

It's not the tallest tree in the park, it isn't that hard to climb, but maybe that was because i was used to it.

"Will you be okay to climb?" I ask Anna.

"Oh i dont know... Can u help me?" She asks with an adorable smile.

I had hoped she would say that.

"Sure! Give me your hands." I say, climbing up to the first branch. She raises her arms and I pull her up. We climb like that until we almost reach the top. On the last branch I take her hands and pull her up to my eye level. I gaze into her eyes. They're so pretty, it makes my brown ones seem ordinary. She looks a uncomfortable so I stop staring and drop her hands.

"So uh... This is where I write song lyrics!" I say as her eyes light up.

"You write song lyrics?" she asks "thats awesome!"

"Yeah.." I reply, grinning.

"What does your shirt say?" She asks me.

"Fall out boy" I reply with a huge grin.

"Is that a band?" She asks.

"Yup. Im the bassist." I say laughing.

"Wow that's so cool!" She seems amazed.

"Maybe you could come to one of our rehearsals?" I suggest nervously.

"Woah could I? That would be amazing!" She replies smiling.

I don't know why I was always worried or nervous... She was the nicest person ever. You could probably punch her in the nose and she would apologize for bleeding on you, and maybe even give you 20 dollars. She was also the most gorgeous girl ever, if i hadn't already made that clear.

~Anna's POV
I hope he doesn't realize I'm staring at him. He looks like he's deep in thought, something he probably always does when he's up here. I look out at the meadow under the cork tree. Wow it really is amazing here. My house, this park, Pete, everything. I check my phone, and almost throw up. It read 7:56! Oh man! I promised mom that I would be home by 8!

I tap pete on the shoulder. He's very muscular. Ahhhhhhhh. Focus Anna! My mind screams. "Uhm pete?" I ask.

"Uhm anna?" He says, mocking me.

I stick my toungue out, "I really would love to stay here with you all night but I have to get home by 8 and its already 7:56" I say.

"Okay we better get going! Where do you live?" He asks.

"On memory lane" I reply.

"I live a block from there! But okay lets get going, dont fall out, boy that would be bad!" Pete says climbing down. I race after him and jump down. He takes my hand and we sprint all the way back to my house. He lets go once we got in my front yard.

"Well, bye! It was really awesome meeting you and we have to hang out again soon!" I say, going inside.

"Bye Anna!" He calls, walking away down the sidewalk.