Wasted Love

(Please watch video towards the end)
~Anna's POV~
Today is the day I get to see him! These past few weeks have been rough, but tonight will make up for it. Im in the car with Julia, who is driving, and we are about 2 minutes away from the venue. She cannot stop smiling and humming love songs under her breath. "I've been waiting for this day since I was born." I say laughing.
"SAME!" Julia yells, and swerves to avoid crashing. Death by lamppost. Well almost.
"We're here." I whisper excitedly. We both jump out of the car, lock it, and then sprint up across the parking lot and into the building. We show our VIP passes (sent by no other than the fall out men themselves) to security guards, and they let us past them and down a special hallway. I hear Patrick say "uhhhhm.... Kitten?" Over a mic and realize they are in Sound Check.
Julia turns to me with tears in her eyes.
"My heart is weak because of that man."
I hear Pete yell "PATRICK YOU NOOB!" In the background.
I laugh. "And mine with that one."
"Hey girls!" Bob says, greeting us with a hug.
"Hi Bob!" Julia and I say in unison. A girl jumps out from behind him.
"Dad, I need 20 dollars-" She says loudly but the stops once she sees us.
"Who are you?" She says, a little too princess-like for my personal taste.
"Im julia. Patrick's girlfriend." She emphasizes girlfriend. I stifle a laugh. At least im not the only one who senses trouble from princess girl.
"And Im Pete's girlfriend, Anna." I say quietly. I wish I could be as sassy as Julia.
Her eyebrows arch, as if to say "Seriously? He can do better." I ignore her.
"Uh... Im gonna go get the guys." Bob says uncomfortably. The girl just stands there, hands on her hips. I study her cautiously. She's wearing this shirt red dress that's a little too tight, and a long gold necklace. Don't get me wrong, she's pretty, but it's just an unnatural kind of pretty. It's rather unsettling.
"JULIA!" Patrick yells and sprints up to hug her from behind. I smile when Julia's face goes back to the happiest person in the world.
"Anna!" Pete picks me up and spins me around. I laugh and he kisses me on the cheek.
"Hey babe." I whisper and tap him on the nose. He flinches a little. Uh, what? He never flinches when I do that. His eyes travel to the girl.
"Uh... I see you've met Talia." He says quietly.
"Yeah?" I question. This is getting really awkard. Julia gives me a "keep calm" look. I give her a "what's going on?" kind of shrug.
"Yeah! She's prettier than youve mentioned, Pete." She says with fake sweetness. He talks about me? To her? Wait a second, prettier than he's mentioned? Is she trying to say he doesn't think im pretty?
"Uhm I..." Pete stutters.
"And... Rather quiet." She taps her chin.
"Not everyone needs to be obnoxious, Talia." Patrick says. How I love that kid.
"No duh! Im just saying whats a crazy, wild, boy doing with a quiet girl like you?" She taps her chin.
"Certainly more than he'd ever do with you." I say in the same fakely sweet voice she uses. Julia bites her lip to keep from laughing and Patrick clasps his hand over his mouth. Maybe I can be sassy.
"Talia, leave." Pete says to her.
"Fine, Petey." She says to him, blows him a kiss, and struts away.
"Okay, what the fu-" I start to say but am interrupted by Julia.
"Hey anna, come to the bathroom with me." She demands. Her tone means buisness, so I don't question.
"Fine." I reply and we walk down another hallway.
"How do you even know where the bathroom is?" I ask her.
"I don't." She replies, opening a random door and pulling me into a janitors closet. So cliche.
"What the hell was that?" I immediately burst out.
"I don't know. Talia, who im assuming is Bob's daughter, obviously has a thing for Pete. Maybe that's why she was a complete bitch to you." Julia says, annoyed. This is why I love her.
"Bitch is an understatement." I laugh.
"Agreed." She laughs and hugs me. It feels good to hug her. Just me and my best friend for a few seconds.
"What- what if something happened between her and Pete? Like what if he likes her.." I suddenly say.
"What? He wouldn't do that. He loves you too much" She reassures me.
"I hope." I say.
"We better go, they're probably gonna be playing soon." Julia says smiling.
"I can't wait!" I smile back.
We get out of the closet and walk back to the hallway that leads to the stage. I see Bob and ask where we're supposed to go. He says that we should stay behind the stage and to keep watch because it's close and we don't want fans getting to crazy. Wow, fans getting crazy over.. Julia and I? Now that's what's crazy. A crew member brought us chairs, we thanked him and then the intro to A Little Less 16 Candles started playing. We sang along and watched them play. They looked so happy. I was so happy.