Love Like War

~Anna's POV~
Pete, Patrick, Julia, Andy, Joe, Frank, Gerard, Mikey, Lacey, Ray and I were all waiting in line to play laser tag at the arcade. Pete was trying to get me to laugh with corny jokes like..
"What does a tree do when it wants to go home? It leafs." Even though the jokes were awful, I found them hilarious because of the way he told them. He would start laughing in the middle and not be able to finish, and when he finally choked the punchline out I would already be cracking up.
"Next!" Called the dude that was taking the tickets for laser tag. We all pushed our way up.
"How many?" He asked.
"Hm.. 11." Andy said.
"Kay follow me." The guy said, leading us into a room with the equipment. He handed each one of us a vest with a mini laser gun attatched. Pete helped me put on my vest, while still attempting to get the others to laugh with his newest joke..
"How does NASA organize a company party?" He said, cracking up at his own joke.
Patrick groaned. "How?"
"They PLANET!" Pete said, getting hysterical now. The MCR guys literally just facepalm. Joe, Andy, Patrick, and Lacy shake their heads while probably rethinking their lives. Julia and I are the only ones who laugh.
"Okay, when you guys are ready, im gonna start the timer. Half of you are on blue team and half are on orange. You'll see your colors once you get into the battle area." Says the boy.
"We're readyyyy!!" Gerard says impatiently. He had WAAAY too much coffee.
"Good luck. Don't kill each other." The guy replies and hits a button.
"NO PROMISES!" Frank screams and runs into the dark room. We all follow his lead and head out seperate directions. I can't see anything! Suddenly a light is switched on, and the white writing on my dark navy shirt lights up. The UV lightning reveals that I am in fact on the blue team. I hear a cheesy "PEW PEW!" Sound and look behind me. Nothing is really visible because they are so many obstacles. I run as far away from the entrance as I can, and climb up an inflatable slide thing. I lay at the top and prepare to shoot anyone who comes into my view. I feel shaking behind me and see someone climbing up at light speed.
"HEY-" I yell. I can't make out the persons face, but they are on orange. I shoot at their vest and I hear a "Good shot!" Sound effect.
"Yesss!" I mentally high five myself.
"Thanks a lot!" Pete comes into view.
"Oops! Sorry." I say laughing.
"You're not." He laughs at me.
"True." I admit.
"Well Im sorry about this, but it must be done." Pete says, jumping as hard as he can, and in the process knocking me off the slide. I try to scream but im laughing too hard.
"No fair!" I yell up to him.
He stands up, and yells "IM THE KING OF THE WORLD!" I jump up and tug his leg so he falls to the bottom with me.
"Jerk!" He laughs.
"I try." I laugh harder.
We both lay there at the bottom of the bouncy slide for a second.
"Im gonna miss you so much." He says sadly.
"Im gonna miss you more..." I quietly reply.
"Not possible." He challenges. He leans in and kisses me. After about 10 seconds I pull back.
"Are you a volcano? Cause I lava you." I say.
He laughs so hard he almost passes out. "I lava you too. But im sorry, this also must be done. He stands up and shoots me with his laser.
"OKAY, it's on!" I yell.
"Catch me if you cannn!" He yells back. And sprints behind a weird shaped wall. I shake my head and get up, running towards where he dissapeared to.

Authors note:
OH MY GOSH IM SORRY I HAVENT UPDATED IN SO LONG IM NOT GONNA TRY AND MAKE EXCUSES BUT HERES A FLUFF CHAPTER I HOPE YOU LIKE IT. This was supposed to be a longer chapter but it got deleted so heres a part that I remember. Sorry again! I'll try and be a lot better. Ily all tons.
-anna