Where did the party go

~Pete's POV~
I'm sprawled out on my bed, listening to my own band's music. I hear Patrick sing "where is your boy tonight" and check the clock. 10 minutes till 7. I study myself in the mirror. Maybe I should have dressed less casual.. Eh, screw it. I have on dark red skinny jeans and a black hoodie. I glance at the clock again.. 7 minutes. I figure I should better start walking because I have nothing better to do. I straighten out my hair one last time and began walking. I arrive and make my way to her front door and knock. This time I'm greeted by Anna herself.

"Hi..." She says.

I can't really talk, all I do is stare. She's wearing a skirt, her hair is curled and she has some makeup on. She looks really stunning.

She also looks concerned. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah." I stammer.

"Are you sure?" She doesn't seem convinced.

"Im okay, I promise." I tell her.

"Okay.. Should we go now?" She smiles.

"Yeah, follow me." I grab her hand. We start to walk to the party, talking about whatever random things come to mind.

When we get to Darren's house it's finally getting dark. She looks really nervous.

"Hey just stick close to me." I tell her comfortingly. I knock on the door and we wait. Darren's older brother Collin opens it, like usual. He smirks when he sees me.

"Pete! My man!"Collin grins at me "and whos the lovely lady?" He says smiling at Anna. She blushes and squeezes my hand. She uses her other hand to high five Collin while saying "Hi! I'm Anna."

"Hey Anna, nice to meet you! Why dont you go ahead inside and Pete will be right in." Collin says to her. She hesitates but goes inside, looking at me from behing Collin with fear in her eyes. I mouthed a "sorry" and she goes in.

"She seems nice! How come I haven't seen her before? Are u guys going out?" Collin asks.

"Yeah she's pretty cool" I say laughing. "She just moved here, and no we arent going out."

"Oh okay man. Have fun!" Collin says opening the door. I go in and frantically look for her. I see her standing by herself in the hallway, staring at Elyse and Karen's group of girls. Probably because they're whispering and pointing at her. I walk right up to her and take her away from there, and into the basement. There are mostly guys down here, and they don't notice us.

"Hey are you okay?" I ask her.

"Yeah, I just dont get why they hate me already..." She replies sadly.

"They're just jealous of you!" I blurt out.

She blushes. "Why would they be jealous of me?"

"Uh ..." I start but get interrupted by a large "WOOOOO" from upstairs.

We look at each other and go up to see what's happening. There's a big crowd around the stereo as it blasts music and everyone is singing and dancing.

"May I have this dance?" I ask her.

She laughs and nods yes. I twirl her around, in complete clash with the music. Then we start to actually dance like normal people. It's actually really fun. A bunch of pop songs are playing, but we don't mind. Suddenly the music shuts off. After a few protests from the crowd, a guy that I've never seen before holds up a case of beers. Everyone cheers, except Anna and I. We look at each other and silently agree to get out of here.

"Well that was... Interesting." Anna says to me after we go  outside.

"Im sorry, I didnt know-" I start to say.

"I know! And it was really fun up until then." She reassures me.

"Really? Awesome! I had fun too." I reply. She just grins at me and takes my hand, swinging it, and humming a familiar tune.

"Hey... You listened to Fall Out Boy, didnt you!?" I accuse her. She starts laughing and nods.

"Wow! What did you think?" I ask.

"You guys are so amazing! When will I get to hear you play?" She asks, jokingly impatient.

"Well we have a band rehearsal tomorrow.. why dont you come then!" I say enthusiasticly.

"Oooh yay! I'm so excited" she grins.

Before I know it, we're already at her house.

"Well.. Goodbye, I really had a great time tonight Pete. Thank you for taking me-" Anna tries to say more but I cut her off by giving her a big hug. After about 5 seconds I try to let go, but she lingers. My heart races. She finally lets go and says goodbye one more time, before going inside.