Break Your Little Heart

Authors note: The graduation stuff is probably super inaccurate but please understand idk what im doing so please just play along
~Pete's POV~
As fun as these past few weeks have been, you can tell there's hidden tension behind everyone's eyes. We all smile and laugh but deep down we can't ignore that there are only 10 days until we have to leave for tour. This whole situation is making Patrick and I feel awful, but we can't really do anything about it. I have to thank Anna and Julia for being so great about it though. They've been happy and upbeat, pretending like nothing is wrong.
I put down my pen. Yes, im writing in a journal. Judge me!
"Peeeeeete! Dinner!" Mom calls from downstairs.
"Oookay coming." I yell back. I hop down each stair and go into the dining room. I sit down and look at the beautiful food before me.
SPAGOOTA! (Spaghetti)
"Yum. Looks great mom." I say. She smiles and my sits down. A few minutes later my dad joins us. I hear a vibration and take my phone out of my pocket. I laugh at the picture Patrick sent me (a few bunnies looking up at the sky) and I hear an "eheem."
"What?" I look up.
"Pete! You spend every second on your phone! Why can't you talk to us for 5 minutes? You're leaving in a few weeks, is it too much to ask to communicate with us for once?" My mom says, looking super frustrated.
I know she's right, but being the irritable teenager I am, I say "Whatever." And roll my eyes, looking back to my phone. I hear my mom sigh and my dad comfort her. I should be the one comforting her...
~Julia's POV~
Im sitting next to Patrick, and across from my little brother who looks like he's about to inhale all of his steak in one bite. My parents are having their own conversation about who knows what, and Patrick looks at me nervously. Now is the big moment that we've been preparing for for a few days straight.
"Mom, dad..." I say, holding Patrick's arm tightly.
"Yes, sweetie?" My mom said, looking away from my dad. Now everyone was staring.
"Well, you know how Patrick is going on tour in 10 days?" I asked.
"Yes. You've talked about it 30 times in the last hour. Go on?" My dad said.
"Well he invited me to come, if it's... Okay with you." I began, trying to seem causal. "Before you say no, just hear me out." My mom looked shocked, and my dad looked amused. Even though it was a longshot, I still had a sliver of hope.
"Now you're probably thinking- of course not! What about school? Education comes first. And I know that, trust me. But I've already earned almost 50% of my credits to graduate. That means that I even if I leave for 2 months, which is all the tour is, I would still have the rest of this year, and all of junior year. So it will kinda be like an extended vacation, except it will actually be the opportunity of a lifetime. Not to mention it will save me a lot of emotional pain." I say it all trying to be confident, but epically failing. Everyone is silent for a minute, and Patrick stares at me. His eyes are filled with nervousness.
"Julia can we speak with you in the kitchen?" My dad says, with no expression at all. My mom nods at me and I excuse myself and get up. The three of us walk into the kitchen awkwardly, and out of eavesdropping range.
"Julia, we understand that you will miss Patrick. We understand this is going to be really hard for you. We understand that you're a smart girl who could no doubt handle leaving school for a few months." My mom said sadly. I was confused. Soooo... Can I go?
"But that doesn't mean you can. Being able to and actually doing are a lot different. Missing 2 months of school is super unreasonable. Im sorry honey. You're staying here." My dad said, avoiding my gaze. I can't speak. I just get up, and run to my room.
~Anna's POV~
I quietly hum along to XO and destroy a cactus. Not in real life of course, but on the XBOX. I've been spending a lot of time on minecraft and COD lately. Yeah yeah im a nerd whaaaatever. It just distracts me, and that's really all I need. My phone vibrates. I open it, ignoring the creeper coming my way. It's a text from Julia.
From: juls the lemon❤️
I hope you have better luck than me. My parents completely shut down the idea. Im not going on tour. I want to jump into a quarry.
Oh no.
To: juls the lemon❤️
Awh girlie! It'll be okay. It's not like my parents are going to say yes. We can jump into the quarry together:( brb gonna ask... Wish me luck
I send it and put my phone down. Slowly and painfully, I make my way down the stairs. My mom is in the kitchen washing the dishes, and my dad was sitting at the table drinking coffee. So cliche!
"Mom... Dad...." I start.
"Please don't be pregnant." My mom muttered. That got my dads attention.
"mOM!!" I said, my voice cracking.
"Kidding, kidding." My mom shrugged.
"What's the deal, banana peel?" My dad asked. I tried not to laugh and started to explain.
"I've told you about how Fall Out Boy is going on tour and stuff in like 10 days right?" I start. They both nod in unison.
"Well...... Pete wants me to come along with them before you say no just listen to me. I am 16 now and I can handle it completely. It's only for 2 months, and that isn't all that much. I know that one of the major issues will obviously be school but I can take online classes on the road! I did some research about it and there's actually this one program that is ranked super high and maybe it would even help me get better grades when I come back and... Please please let me go this will be a great experience maybe I wouldn't even go for the whole time maybe just a month just please I need to go I need to be with the people I care about and who care about me other than you guys i know it seems unreasonable but pleeeease try and see eye to eye with me. " I blurt out in one breath. I look up at them with begging eyes.
"Sweetheart. We know that this will be painful for you. But it's best for everyone if you stay here. Finish your sophomore year! You don't want to be missing out on wonderful I opurtinities just because you have to be with Pete. Please understand where we are coming from." My mom says awkwardly.
"Going with them for a shorter amount of time would just make it harder to say goodbye. This is for the best. You have to trust us." My dad adds. They smile and try and ask me something, probably if im okay, but I don't really hear them. Im too busy trying to breathe because realization, shock, horror, and sadness dawn on me like there's no tomorrow. In just 10 days, the one person I love will be missing from my life for 2 whole months. He won't be here to cheer me up. I won't be able to see his face. My happiness is gone. My happiness is gone.

A RATHER URGENT Author's Note:
KAY SO AS YOU GUYS CAN PROBABLY TELL IM BECOMING OBSESSED WITH ALL TIME LOW SO I CHANGED MY USERNAME TO @goldenjalex cuz yah but I just want you to know it's still me (formerly annawentz) don't be alarmed. Also, thanks for 800 reads! Keep commenting and voting xoxo