Meeting the Bargain

Chapter 13

Their last class, Trigonometry, just ended. And Sulli and Baekhyun were tossing their books inside their bags. They have no clue if Luhan was still sleeping on the lounge; in fact, they have no clue where Luhan was; totally forgotten.

When they were about to leave the room, Kai showed up, blocking their way. He stretched his arm across the doorsill, almost hooking Sulli's neck.

"Go first, Baekhyun. Sulli and I have to talk." He said coldly before he grabbed her arm and made her sat down on one of the chairs. He flicked his chin sharply, signaling the remaining students to leave the room.

"You told Luhan that you're living with me?" He asked irately, his grip tightening on her table.

"It kinda slipped from my mouth."

He sighed; squeezing his eyes shut and pinching the bridge of his nose. "I'm not planning to tell them that!"

"I'm sorry! Okay?! When I realized that I might not be allowed to say that... it was too late."

"What?! You're not thinking what you're saying! I never thought you're this careless!"

Sulli hunched in her seat and chose to stay quiet while Kai rumbled on her. She knew she was wrong to say that, but is it really a big deal? Why is he making a fuss with this? It's not like she talked about it on a radio for everyone to hear. And they will find it out, sooner or later, even if she didn't tip it off.

After a few moments, Kai let out a sigh, "Well, I don't suppose I can hide you from them forever, anyway."

Exactly, she thought.

"They come to the house whenever they want to." Another sighed, deeper. "I just hope Woo Ri won't find out. I better tell them quick." And he dashed away, out of the room, out of the area, out of her sight but inside her nerve. Pabu.

So that was the reason why he was being so furious. You're side of the deal. What a pitiful, unfortunate girl, fell in love with a jerk. She giggled softly.

"You guys had a fight?"

A girl peeping outside interrupted her thoughts. "He seemed aggravated." She walked slowly into the room, uninvited, and sat down beside her. "Annyeong! I'm Victoria, by the way. Lee Victoria." And held out her hand.

"Lee Victoria? You're Lee Victoria?" The girl nodded and Sulli took her hand. "Omo! You're Secretary Lee's daughter?"

"You're Miss Sulli, right?"

"Yes, I am. But call me Sulli."

"I heard a lot about you."

"Secretary Lee's told you about me?"

She snorted, "More like he reported you to me every day. He won't shut up about you. It's quite annoying, really."

"I didn't know he has a daughter, until he said he would tell his daughter, Victoria, to guide me. But there's no Victoria when I came here."

"Yeah. I did that on purpose. Because I hated you. "

"Oh wow." Sulli's smile faded.

But Victoria smiled at her. "I hate you... until you slapped Sehun. Then, I realized you're a good person, well, for defending the scholar from that brat."

"Yeah, apparently, it's a big deal. I didn't do that to be a hero, you know. He just... got on my nerve."

"But you risked your life for it."

"Yeah, I didn't expect that he was a monst-WAIT! You know that?" Sulli's brow furrowed and she moved closer to the girl.

"I saw Sehun's men dragging you along the corridors. I told Kai. Sorry, that's the only thing I can do. You know, I was scared of them too. And it's a shame if you're the VP of the student council."