Real or Not, It's Still a Date!

Chapter 15

"What on earth did I get myself into?" Sulli sighed. She was starting to regret the deal she made with Kai. It was still okay these past few weeks when all she had to do was to go to school together with him, eat with his friends and act a little closer at home-Well, they did become a little close-but when Kai asked her for a "date," it was a whole different ball game.

She doesn't know anything about dates. Her only concepts of date are the ones she read from her books. How am I supposed to act like that? She thought as she fitted a hat on her head and looked at her reflection in the mirror. Well, at least I looked like I'm going on a date. She also fixed the ribbon in front of her dress and made sure that the sleeve of her light blue cardigan was cutely ruffled on her wrist.

Why am I getting nervous? This is not a real date! Kai told her that they have to do this for "report" purposes. To convince his dad that something is up between them. He said that he caught his father's spy a few weeks ago and that he forced him into this deal that he will only take pictures of them when he knows it or else he will dragged him to his father.

"If I haul him to my father and tell that I already know he's his spy. He will be fired on the spot." Kai proudly said to her as they discussed the date plan on their usual bench behind the pond. "I'm giving him consideration plus extra money on top of what my father's giving him; that should be enough for that ass to act accordingly."

She was quite impressed that Kai might have really outsmarted his father but she can't help but worry about this date. Real or not, this is her first time. Otteoke?! She took a deep breath before she finally walked out of her room. Her fiancé was supposed to wait for her in the car.

The girl in the white dress shyly walked out of the mansion looking for her date that morning. She found him standing with his hand on his pocket beside his black Nissan Skyline GTR R35. He was dressed in a casual blue, red and white striped long sleeve partnered with simple jeans and a black wayfarer shades, concealing his eyes.

He walked towards her and she automatically stiffened.

"Ready?" Kai gently asked her but he noticed her rigid body and stifled a laugh, "Relax. We're not robbing a bank you know, we're going on a date," and delicately whispered the last word in her ear. The girl got stupefied. Kai laughed harder. "Omo. I can feel like I'm gonna enjoy this date, teasing you like this. Come on." He whispered while laughing, "Stop that already. We can't stand here all day."

Kai finally took her date out of her statue mode when he placed his hand on the small of her back, guiding her inside the car. "Let's not waste your pretty dress today, okay?"

Sulli quietly walked inside the backseat of the car but what really brought her back to her senses was when she felt Kai seating beside her and realized someone sitting in the driver's seat. Now it was her turn to laugh. "Aigoo. You have this badass car but you ain't driving it? Wae? Mama said you're not allowed to?"

"YAH!" Kai snapped his head to her. "Be thankful that I let you ride this car, you're the first person to ever sit in here beside me and my trusted driver ahjusshi here."

"Keure, kumupta for getting me into trouble of sitting in your backseat. Why bring a two door car when you're not even driving?" She uttered jestingly. But the boy already felt his ear reddened, he never thought about that. He just wanted to flaunt his toy for the big boys to her and look cool. Now, he felt dumb. As if that wasn't humiliating enough, his ever loyal, trusted driver heard his date's sarcastic response and couldn't help but let out a small laugh.

"Ahjusshi, why are you being like this?" Kai complained, surprised by his driver's action. He realized that he never heard the old man laugh until now and that makes him smile too.