Kai's Studio

Chapter 27

The brown puppy stuff toy was sitting in one of Sulli's shelves in her mini library, forgotten, in just less than a week. Meanwhile, its owner was busy burying her nose in one of her favorite book which she probably read for about 76th time now. A knock on her door snatched her out of the story that she has drifted into.

"That's open." She yelled out without knowing who was there. Since she doesn't want to attend to the door and part with her comfortable chair she just yelled, "You may enter," and buried her nose on her book again.

Kai entered the room. He noticed that his fiancée was not in there so he went straight to her mini library. There, he found her lying on her stomach with her face just a few inches away from the book that she was reading.

"Are you just going to do that all day?" He asked.

Ugh, Kai. So, he just went there to tease her? She wasn't really in the mood to answer. She was so immersed in the novel that just by listening to his voice irritated her. And so she didn't respond.

"Yah! Am I talking to anyone here?"

She still didn't respond. She thought that if he got no response, he would leave. If she only knew that it was Kai, she should have pretended to be asleep earlier.

"Yah! Yah! Yah! You're really not going to notice me?... Keure!" He walked towards Sulli's couch and snatched the book away from her, which of course, earned a violent reaction from the girl.

"What do you think you're doing? Give it back!" She protested, as she flipped around and got on her knees, not leaving her precious couch.

"Oh now, you're talking?"

"Hey! I said give it back!"

"Nope."

"What do you want?"

"Let's go out."

Sulli was not sure if she heard him right. "Bwo?" So she asked him one more time.

"I said let's go out." He said as he made his way towards the shelves where the brown puppy stuff toy was sitting. He picked it up and brought it to his nose. Somehow, it smells like Sulli. He wondered if she's playing with it. "I figured it will look suspicious that we're trying to act like we're dating but we really just went out once."

"Well," Sulli pondered about it for a moment, "you do have a point, but aren't you and Woo Ri haven't fix your relationship yet?"

"You don't have to worry about that." He put the toy back to its place abruptly, irritation was evident in his tone. Nowadays, the topic of Woo Ri would instantly put the boy in a bad mood. It's almost been a week but he was still having a hard time to get a hold of the girl.

"Don't you think us going out again would only make your problem worse?' She reasoned out while watching Kai, his back was still on her. "Maybe we should do this when you already fixed your relationship with her." She tried to get her book that Kai left in the adjacent sofa, by extending her arm, not leaving her own comfortable couch.

"I told you not to worry about that. I'm working on it. Besides, we're going out today so you can help me with it."

"Help you with what?"

"With my surprise, of course. So get up now and change. We still have a lot of things to do." Kai said as he forced her to get up by her arm.

"But I'm still reading!..." The girl whined like a child.

"Just bring your book then. You can read while I'm practicing."

"What are you practicing for?"

Kai grinned. "You'll see."