The Said Prince

Chapter 2

The school bell rung the same time her phone vibrated. It was a call from her father's secretary, Mr. Lee. She hasn't even arranged her things yet, but she answered the phone anyway.

"Hello Miss Sulli, this is Secretary Lee. I am here in front of your school. Your father ordered me to pick you up. He said you'll be meeting your in-laws later."

So, she doesn't even have the opportunity to take her lunch at school. Great. She should have foreseen it when her father told her that she'll be meeting her fiancé soon. Because when he said "soon", the span of time it purport would only be two to three days, or in this case, the day after he said it.

"Ok, I'll be there immediately." She answered barely then hung up. It was okay that she didn't have to eat at school; there would not be any difference if she ate there or in the mansion anyway. She would still be eating alone.

She picked up her things and tossed it inside her bag. It was not the first time that she'll be skipping class, and her teachers were all used to it. Her father doesn't care where she is or what she was doing; when he needed her, he needs her right away and with no delays.

The secretary met her outside the gate. He took her bag and opened the car door for her. She slid inside and the secretary sat in the front seat, beside the driver. "I'm sorry you can't take your lunch at school or even finished your first day." He said looking over his shoulder to face her. "But I had the household prepare food for you. Your make-up artists are already in the mansion. The dresses and the shoes you'll choose from are also taken care of." He added.

"Where's dad?" she asked, but her eyes were fixed outside the window watching the surrounding blur as they passed.

"He's still in the office, having a meeting. He said that you two will just meet in the hotel."

"It's too early to get ready, are they that important?"

"Your father always wanted to penetrate into the industry of shopping malls. And they own one of the leading malls in the country."

"Which one?"

"Il Duce."

"Sounds important."

The secretary let out a small laugh, "I guess they are." He agreed. "It's an early dinner and your father doesn't want you to be late. So, I'm taking you there myself."

Her gaze left the window and finally faced the man. "Thank you, Secretary Lee." She sincerely said.

"It's my job, miss." He looked around his shoulder again and warmly smiled at her.

Sulli knows that the man wasn't only doing his job as a secretary. She always felt his sympathy towards her. He worries about her instead of her father, and he takes care of everything. He even showed up at school when she got into trouble, once. She felt that the man almost love her as his own daughter and she is very pleased with that.

They arrived at the foot of the mansion where the gates automatically opened by itself and drove passed the vast landscaped garden, adorned with mild-colored flowers and different kinds of trees. It was almost a quarter a kilometer drive before they had a glimpse of the fountain, standing in front of the house.

The Choi Manor is as big as a hill, with humungous well-maintained garden and man-made pond loaded with expensive carps. They also have an Olympic size pool by the orchard, as well as a heated indoor pool; both were rarely used. They have a tennis court, a gymnasium, a baseball field and their very own golf course. The mansion appeared like a huge modern Victorian house in the outside with enormous space in the inside. Her father doesn't like small jam-packed areas so the furniture inside are very minimal, mainly expensive paintings and vases along the halls. Her classmate, who was forced to go to her house because of a project, jokingly once said that the house must be a museum before.