The Calm Before the Storm

Chapter 20

Thursday, four days after Queen K’s return and the Cavaliers Academy was still surprisingly peaceful. Normally, she would already start to hunt down every mouse who tried to play with her prince when she was away or orchestrate a scene or something to catch Luhan’s attention. But this time, none, and it was making a certain guy very very suspicious.

Baekhyun was talking to his friends about it during break time when Sulli was “borrowed” by Victoria from them.

“Something’s wrong here,” the boy voiced out. “It’s almost been a week and she still didn’t do anything and mind you, she already knew that Sulli is very close to Luhan.”

“Are you waiting for something to happen to Sulli so you can blame it on Krystal?” Luhan said while Kai just silently listened to the two’s bickering.

“It’s not that, idiot. I mean, the first week of her arrival has always been so dramatic and everything. And now… it’s so quiet … so calm. I bet she’s brewing something huge.”

The boy with pink hair grumbled in his seat. “Ugh, Baekhyun, here we go again.”

“I tell you, it’s bugging me, man. We better keep an eye on Sulli.”

Luhan gave up and shook his head while Kai secretly agrees with Baekhyun. He was not really close with the said girl though she sticks with Luhan a lot in school. But based on what he heard from Baekhyun and his girlfriend, it looks to him that she was someone capable of hurting people. But he was not going to allow her to do anything to Sulli. Not on my watch, he thought.

The girl that they all wanted to protect came back to the cafeteria and was greeted by the group with serious faces. Meanwhile, the girl whom they wanted to protect Sulli from, was down at the dungeon, proposing a deal with the resident beast.

“If you do what I will ask you to do and scare that angelic bitch away, I’ll sell to you that limited edition bike that you want.”

The boy snorted, “That’s not even yours to sell.” He coldly said. Sehun might appear apathetic on the outside but the mention of the said bike had perked up his interest. Ducati sold only five in the whole world and they were gone in a day.

“You know my brother would give me everything I want.”

“You’re overestimating the capacity of Kris Hyung, Krystal. He adores that bike.”

“What if I tell you that he already gave it to me,” and to prove her point, the blonde girl brought out from her bag a pair of key. “I’ll even give you a discount.”

“Don’t involve me in your stupid drama."

“I’ll give you a HUGE DISCOUNT.”

But Sehun only stared at her, still looking uninterested.

“Shall I sell it to Chanyeol Oppa then?” 

And that made the beast raise an eyebrow, “Let me hear the rest of the deal.”

≽≽≽ ≼≼≼

Friday came and the boys’ mouth was still ajar even after the bell rung on their Literature class. The teacher returned and graded their reports that they passed yesterday.

All the partners got a score of 90 and below, except for one: Sulli and Sehun. The pair’s book report got the highest score of 96.

They were already stunned the day before when Sulli passed the report in front. When the teacher saw it, she immediately recognized that most of the handwriting in the essay itself didn’t belong to the girl. Although, she wasn’t really familiar with the boy’s penmanship for it rarely submitted anything before, she was pretty confident that it was his.

“So you’re telling me that Sehun did most of your report?” Baekyun inquired, still refusing to believe it.

“Yes.” She answered.

“You didn’t just actually convince him to participate in writing the essay, but he actually wrote most of it? Hehe. That’s a good one, Sul.”

“Baekhyun, stop. It’s already time to go home and you’re still pestering me about our report. Believe it or not, Sehun scored us that grade. He was pretty amazing, seriously.”

Two pairs of ears twitched at her last sentence.

“Pabuya.” Kai mumbled to himself. “Get her a high grade and she’ll forget everything.”

While Luhan kept his thoughts to himself. Are they getting close now? Amazing? Pfft. Amzing my ass.

But both boys share the same sentiment: Screw the seating arrangement!

Why do we have to f*cking keep it all the time?! Kai pouted in his seat.

The boys and Sulli agreed to grab some snacks before they went home. And Kai suddenly agreed to ride with his fiancée this time, despite her convoy.

☆ ☆ ☆

Annyeong readers! I'm really sorry about the short update. I still haven't got in the mood of writing. But I promise to give you a lengthy chapter next time. Please look forward to it!

BTW, thank you for those people who keeps on voting this story! Please continue to support me. :)