Sulli, Hang in There

Chapter 7

"So, have you packed your bags?" Kai asked out of nowhere.

"My bags? Why would I? What do you mean packed my bags? Are we off to somewhere?" Sulli was dumbfounded; no one has ever told her anything. She sensed that something was about to happen, and she wasn't informed.

"Aren't you supposed to stay in our house?" Tho boy in front of her got confused too. "Our maids are pretty in a bustle right now cleaning the entire house and redecorating your room. Mom's gave a fuss about it; she said she wanted all to be perfect."

A roguish smile crept up from his lips when he saw her still puzzled expression. "Why do I get the feeling that the Royal Princess isn't aware of this?"

She closed her eyes, suppressing her irritation and took a deep breath before she finally spoke, "And how many days do I have to stay in your house?"

Kai can only stare at her, amazed about her ignorance about it before finally broke out of laughing, "You totally don't know anything about this, do you?" he continued laughing, clutching his stomach."And here I thought my father is cruel. What exactly are you in your family? A doll?"

He definitely touched a nerve when he said that and so she walked out on him. "Yah! I'm joking! Yah!" Kai called out to her but he still couldn't stop laughing. He wiped a tear from his eye and muttered to himself, "Ahh. That's a good laugh."

Sulli was rummaging the crowd looking for Secretary Lee. Her father may not have the time or concern to tell this to her but Secretary Lee should have told her. He can't miss out on telling her something this big.

She found the secretary, alone in the corner, watching the rich people around him. He saw her approaching and greeted her.

"Someone told me that I'll be moving out?" she demanded.

"Yes. You'll be moving to the Kim's Mansion. Tomorrow."

"Tomorrow?!!! I'll be moving tomorrow? And nobody ever told me??" she was furious. Her voice was rising.

"Miss please, your father might hear you. The chairman said that it was not necessary to tell you about it. He said you should be expecting this."

"Expecting this??! And why would I expect something like this? It's not like I got married today!"

"Madame Kim suggested to your father that you should live with your fiancé. So you could get to know more about each other. She also said that it was a good preparation for both of you, before you enter into a married life."

"And dad agreed to this?"

"He said that it was a good idea. That you two should become used to each other and should have adjusted with each other before you get married."

"He just wanted me out of the house." Her voice subsided.

"Please don't think it that way. Your father only wanted you to have a peaceful married life."

"Yeah, like that's gonna happen."

"You're also transferring school."

"Wait- WHAT?" She has taken too much blow for one night. She was frantic again.

"Your school papers were already taken care of and you'll be starting school on Monday. On Cavaliers Academy, it is Kai's school.

"Kai's school?" she let her eyes closed for a little while, trying to convince herself that this was just a dream. None of this is ever going to happen. I'll be back in my fluffy bed in an hour. Sulli, hang in there. She took a few deep breaths but heard the secretary spoke.

"I'm sorry. I should have told you this." The girl fluttered her eyes open and saw the secretary's rueful expression. She didn't want to make him feel like it was his fault, so she withdrew a little and tried to soften her countenance.

"I'm sorry too, I became rude. I guess I'm just too fed up with this day, I couldn't take any more surprises."

"No more surprises, promise." The secretary raised his right hand and smiled at her. "Anyway, your bags are all packed and were already sent to the Kim's. Just tell the maids what else you wanted to bring. Everything is all prepared including your school stuff. I tried my best to maintain everything just like before, and how you might want it. I suggested to your father to let you have your car; you'll get to keep your driver and one of your maids with you. Madame Kim made sure that you'll have enough maids in their mansion but I thought you'd want someone you know. You're stylists and the rest are available whenever you needed them. Just tell Mila to call them."

"It sounded like a farewell. Are you saying good bye?"

"No. I'm still your father's secretary but things will change around us. We may see each other less now." He walked closer to her and caressed her hair. "So don't get into trouble, okay? I know you will not but you know, just a precaution."

Sulli felt better now and said jokingly, "I will definitely get into trouble, if that's the only way to see you." It made the secretary's smile grew wider.

"Oh yeah, my daughter is also studying at CA. I'll tell her to look after you while you're still adjusting."