Noona's Handsome Crutches

Chapter 37

Knowing what V might have feeling, Kai decided to leave Sulli to his care, but of course, not without consenting it to the latter. The girl nodded at him and flashed him a reassuring smile before he left.

V held Sulli's hands and placed it gently on his arm to the latter's surprise. Since she left her crutches at home because she found it painful to use, she only depends on other person to support her so she can walk. And that's what V did. He let her grabbed on his arm to support her while she's walking. But when they met a flight of stairs, the boy looked at her expectingly.

"What?" The girl asked.

"I'll carry you up."

"What?!" Sulli almost yelled, incredulous. "No. I can go up myself."

"It would only take you forever to climb up." V reasoned. "You don't want to be late on your first class, right?"

"Yeah, but-"

"So come on!"

The girl then watched V proceeded to squat, ready to carry her bridal style up the stairs but she tugged on his sleeve to straightened him up.

"What?" It's his turn to asked now as Sulli only stares at him.

"V, why are you doing this?" He heard her asked.

The boy stared back and sighed. "It's my way of paying you back for saving me, okay? So just, please, let me do this. The guilt is eating me alive-Just please... Let me take care of you... at least until you're able to walk by yourself."

"I told you, it's not your fault-"

"Yeah, but my mind's been telling me otherwise!" He interrupted her frustratingly. "If only I listened to you and talked to you, we shouldn't have been involved in that accident. If I only acknowledge the real you and not refuse to see how kind you really are, I could have prevented that from happening. If only I get to know you better before hating on you just because you're a girl-I..." He sighed painfully. "I'm sorry." And regretfully mumbled. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay." Sulli squeezes his arm gently. "It's all good now. We're even."

"What?"

"You've said what I wanted to hear: that you regret not knowing me better just because I'm a girl. I'm sorry too, V. But actually, Krystal and I were on a mission to help you overcome your hate with girls." Sulli explained. "Luhan told us your story and how you became V..."

The boy was now staring at her with furrowed brows, his eyes rigid as well as his whole countenance. And it made her feel guilty too, "I know we're not in a position to-to-I'm sorry. We just wanted to bring back the old you. We just wanted to see the V that Luhan was happily talking about."

V was silent for a while before he spoke again. "I still don't feel like we're even, so just let me do this..." He stated. " And I might really consider being friendly to other girls, since for now... you're the only one that I can acknowledge. I don't even want to talk to your best friend."

"So let's start with Krystal then!" She clapped excitedly and beamed to the boy. "I'll help you get rid of your guilty conscience and let you do what you want."

V thought about it for a while since being friendly to Krystal made him want to throw up. But he realized how he really wanted to help Sulli... and may be, be with her.

"Fine." He agreed. "And call me Taehyung." He stated as he looked away, unable to meet her sparkling eyes.

A charming curve then surfaces on the girl's lips.