Chapter 30: At Least I have A Friend

I couldn't get to sleep that night because a) sleeping tied to a tree isn't very comfortable and b) there was too much on my mind. Could Bill really find Stan and drag him along? Stan was a pretty hard guy to push around, but he probably did care for Dipper and Mabel. What kind of uncle didn't?

I was still awake when Dipper woke up. "Huh?" He muttered to himself. "W-what happened?" He struggled hopelessly against the rope that held him in place. He spotted me and stopped. "What's going on?" Then he blinked. "Nevermind, I remember."

"Do you think he can drag Stan with him here?" I asked.

Dipper shrugged, or tried to. "He's unpredictable."

I nodded. "Do you have any clue where he hid it?"

"It could be anywhere in the Mystery Shack. There's a bunch of hidden rooms there."

"I could've guessed that," I said. "You ever been in Stan's room?"

"Once," Dipper said. "He wasn't too happy about it."

"Yeah, I saw," I said. "Are you okay?"

Even in the dim light I could tell Dipper was a little pale. "Y-yeah," Dipper said. "Its just- I can't belive I let Bill in again!"

"Shh!" I warned, attempting to point at Gideon, who was fast asleep on his cot. I still have no idea where that came from. "You know he wants revenge on you. What'd happened between you guys anyway?"

Dipper sighed. "Its kind of a long story, but I'll sum it up. Gideon fell for Mabel and Mabel just wanted to be friends with him. I helped her break up with Gideon and he thought I turned Mabel against him, then he tried to kill me, but Mabel stopped him. Then he tried to get back at me, always failing, until one day he got the deed to the Mystery Shack and stole it, trying to find my journal-"

"Wait," I interupted. "Why'd he want the journal?"

"I don't know. Well, anyway, he got what he wanted and almost sent Mabel and me packing for home, but he thought we had this journal number 1. I'm still trying to figure out what he meant by that. Well, he had this giant robot that attacked us and we stopped it. When the town figured out that Gideon wasn't psycic, which he said he was, they threw him in jail."

I nodded. "That was pretty long for a sum up."

"I barely touched it," Dipper said. "Gideon's not someone to mess with, even if he barely comes up to your chin."

"I think I figured that out already," I said. "I mean, that magic bracelet is pretty threatening."

"Yeah," Dipper said with a short laugh. "I wonder where he gets all his magic stuff."

"There a bunch of magic stuff around Gravity Falls," I said.

"No, I mean where does he get the information from?" Dipper asked. "I've kept the journal away from him, but he knows about Bill, magic and all that stuff. How do you think he knows it all?"

I shrugged. "You're guess is as good as mine."

There was a pause. "How long was I out anyways?"

"Three hours, maybe," I said. "At least, that's what the soreness in my butt's telling me."

Dipper nodded. "I know how you feel."

There was a moan from Gideon. We both shut up and sat perfectly still. Gideon turned over. We both let out a sigh of relief. "That was close," Dipper said softly.

I nodded, then relized he probably didn't see it. "Yeah," I breathed.

We where a bit more careful after that. Soon, I could hear Dipper snoring softly. Eventually, when dawn was close, I finally got some sleep.

A/N:
Woah! Almost 3k reads?!?!?! This is crazy!!
And almost 100 votes!
Y'all are awesome!
Remember, if you ever get bored with the story, feel free to tell me!