Chapter 11: Escape

All the blood dropped to my toes. I didn't want to end up lime Dipper, or worse! Yes, it was cowardly, but I couldn't help it! I hated the cold.

Gideon fingered his ring as he walked over to us. "What do we do?" I asked Mabel.

She didn't say anything. She was still looking at Dipper. The wall of ice had stopped growing, but it was, like, three feet thick! It probably would've been thicker, but Gideon wasn't focused on it anymore. We where his main target at the moment.

I tried to lossen Bill's grip on me, but it was useless. His grip was like iron. I looked around for something else to use. All the merchedise was just out of reach.

Orange light glowed around the items littering the floor. They all where turned in my direction. Great. Bill finally let go when the first mug almost took off my head. I hit the deck and rolled as a baseball bat flew at me. Gideon didn't make any major moves to stop me. I had a plan, though I hoped Mabel and Dipper would understand.

I grabbed a rolling baseball bat and threw it at Gideon. It missed by a mile, but it was enough to distract him. I ran to the door. I put my hand on the handle and I made the mistake of looking back. A huge pair of sissors snagged the hood of my sweatshirt, keeping me from escape.

"Giving up on these two so soon?" Gideon asked.

I didn't say anything. I shed my jacket. The cold was terrible. I opened the door and slamed it shut. I ran to the side of the building, panting. I heard the door open again. "Make sure that one doesn't get away! But her with her brother!"

I held my breath as the footsteps came closer, and closer, and closer. I squezed my eyes shut, wishing I could be invisible.

The footsteps stopped. "Stupid girl." Gideon said. My ehes popped open. He wasn't around. "Must have fallen down the cliff." I heard him waking away. I let out a sigh of releif. Now came my part. I'd have to get Dipper's journal and find something that would help us defeat these two lunatics.

I sat there for a little bit, making sure that neither Bill nor Gideon where coming. Then I stood and quickly, but quietly, scampered off. I hoped I could find the Mystery Shack from here.

~

I walked down the road for about a mile and a half when I finally saw it. The lights where still on. I hoped I didn't have to explain what I was doing to anyone. I'd probably get put in a mental hospitle.

I walked into the gift shop. There where still a bunch of tourists everywhere. I slipped in the door that said Employes Only. I ran up the steps to the attic. I locked the door behind me.

I rumaged through a bunch of Dipper's stuff. "Geez," I said under my breath with a shudder. "Does he ever clean his clothes!?"

I looked under his bed. Nothing, surprisingly. I expected it to be filthy. I got up and I saw a book shelf. Here's goes nothing. I looked through all the books, which was a bunch. Most of them where mysteries. Sheesh, Dipper had to get a life!

I looked around. I decided to try the closet. I mean, they can find anything in there. "Here journal," I said hoplessly. I went through all the boxes, drawrs and piles of stuff. Nothing.

I stepped out of the closet. There was Mabel's stuff. What the heck, why not. I walked over to Mabel's bed. Her stuff was slightly nicer then Dipper's. She had a bunch of yarn stuffed under her bed and next to that were her sweaters. I had to admit they where pretty good.

I picked up one of her sweaters that was... was that... lama fur? Oh, whatever. Well, vola! There was the journal! "Yes!" I picked up the book. I hastily flipped through the dozens of pages. "Woah," I said. This stuff was nuts! I wouldn't have belived it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes.

"Where's something that could help Dipper?" I asked myself. I kept flipping through the journal. A peice of paper fell out that looked like it was part of the book. This thing was literally falling apart at the seams.

I flipped to the page that the peice had come from. On the way, I found the perfect thing. The Firecrystal. I scaned the page for info. It was burning hot to the touch, grew hotter in cold climates, was made of magma that would never cool. "Perfect." I said. "Now where would I find this?" I turned the page. There was a map. "Oh, well that's convinent."