Chapter 19: A Place from the Past

We tried to walk stelthily downstairs while dragging Dipper down after us, but Wendy caught us. "Woah," she said. "What happened here?"

"We're saving Dipper," Mabel said. "He was possesed for too long and now he needs some Crystal water or who knows what will happen!"

"Can I come?" Wendy asked.

Mabel shrugged. "Sure. But won't Stan be wondering where you are?"

Wendy shrugged too. "I don't think he'll mind." She turned to me. "I don't think we've formally met." She held out her hand and I shook it. "I'm Wendy."

"Kayla."

She smiled. "Nice to meet you."

We made out way out the door without being seen by Stan's tour group. We dashed into the woods and took out the journal. "Okay, so do any of you know where the Heat of Gravity Falls is?"

Soos shook his head, Mabel shrugged, Wendy tapped her chin. "I think I've heard of it, but I've never seen it with my own eyes before. Does the journal have any hints?"

I scanned the pages. "Well, it says that you need to say this spell-thingy and it will appear, but we need to be in a certain spot."

"Let me see the book," Mabel said. She turned it every which way. Then "aha!" We all turned to her. "Of course!" Mabel said. She held the journal up for us all to see it. "You know that dino cave we found?"

"Yeah, with the pteradactle," Soos said. "But why would we go back to that place. We barely got out of there."

"I'm sure of it," Mabel insisted. "There's a volcano in there and that's where the Fountain is located. We have to find it to save Dipper!"

I nodded. "We have to try."

"I'm in," Wendy said. "Soos? You in?"

Soos smiled. "Of course. Anything to help little Dipper here." He grabbed Dipper's limp body with no difficulties. He slung him over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes. "Let's go dudes!"

~

We sat outside a falling apart house. "We're going in there?" I asked. "That's where the volcano is?"

"You'll see," Mabel said.

We all started to make our way towards the building. To me it looked kind of like an abandon church. The front wall was still in tact, more or less, but the other walls looked like they where almost totally destroyed.

Wendy opened the front door, and we both said, "Woah."

Mabel and Soos had a worried look. "What's wrong?" I asked.

"We've been here before," Mabel said. "When we fought a pteridactle."

"A pteridactle?" I asked. "I thought dinosaurs where extinct."

Soos shrugged. "They where incased in tree sap so they didn't die out."

"Uh, okay," I said. "Well, how do we get to the Heat of Gravity Fall?"

"Well, last time we sort of caved the whole thing in, but we should be able to find a way down there. I mean, desperate times call for desperate measures," Mabel said.

I shrugged. "I guess so."

Soos pushed open the door the rest of the way and we all looked inside. There was eire silence. Soos went in first, then Mabel, then Wendy and lastly, me. As soon and I was in, the door shut behind me, causing me to jump. The others didn't seem to notice.

We walked over to a large pile of stuff. Soos set down Dipper over by the wall, and started working on making a hole big enough for us all to fit through. "Uh, is anyone gonna help me?" He asked.

I nodded. "What do you need me to do?"