Chapter 5: Chasing a Bipper

"Kayla!" Someone yelled. "Wake up!"

I opened my eyes to the sun streaming in. I yawned and sat up. I slamed my head into something. "Ow!"

"Morning, Short Stack." Bipper said.

I shook my head. "W-where's Mabel."

Dipper's normal eye looked bloodshot and scared. He had a big bruise on his forehead. "She's locked away at the moment."

I glanced at the closet. There was someone banging on the door. "Help!"

"Mabel!" I said. I looked around. Where was I? I wasn't on a bed anymore. I looked Bipper in the eyes. "You listen! Let Dipper go!"

"Or what?" He asked. "What can you do to stop a superior being like me?"

I noticed that he must have been trying to get out of the closet last night. His hands where callosed and scraped up. It looked like he got a little sleep and used his whole weight to open the door. At least it held him for a while.

"What do you want with us anyways?" I asked.

"Oh please," Bipper said. "I can't let you knuckleheads cracking the mysteries of this town. Some secrets need to remain secrets. And I'm trying to get my revenge on Dipper here," he pulled his hair. "He's won too many times before. Now, I'm finally going to win!"

I attemped to push him off, but he just laughed. "You're new here, aren't you, Short Stack." I didn't answer him. "No need to keep secrets. I know everything." His eyes widened. "What am I doing? The book's right-" he jumped off me and grabbed the journal. "-here!" He held it up in triumph. "See you later, Short Stack!"

I tackled him to the ground. Man, this book must be important! He hit me in the jaw, but I held onto his ankle. "You're not getting away with that book!"

"Oh really?" He asked. His body shuddered. "Mabel!" Dipper yelled. He threw the book halfway across the room. "Get Mabel out! Keep the book sa-" he shuddered again. He gritted his teeth and pushed me off. I grabbed the book and stuffed it in my jacket. "You won't be needing this."

Bipper lunged at me, but I got out of the way. "You can't stop me!" He said. "You know you're too weak."

Mabel was still banging on the door. I felt bad for not being able to get her out. I had to get this guy away from her. "Hey!" I yelled. I ran out of the room and down the stairs. Bipper followed, though a faster way. He fell down the stairs after me. I scrambed out of the way as he landed, flat on his face. I have to hide the journal!

I looked around for a new hiding place. Sheesh this guy was fast! I scrambled into a room. It had a tv and a chair. I could hide it in the chair. Oh, wait! I glanced behind me. Bipper was right behind me and gaining.

I lifted the custion of the chair and "put the book in". I waited till Bipper was in view to set the custion down all the way. Bipper smiled at me. "You had a good run," he said. "But you're too late!"

He pushed me out of the way and tore off the custion of the chair. He found nothing. He let out a surprised noise. I slipped out the side door and found myself in the gift shop. I had an idea.

I ran outside. The werewolf was right outside the door. I yelped and came back inside. Now I just had to wait for Bipper and hope that Bill's scent was still fresh on Dipper.

Bipper came through the door, angry. "You tricked me!" He said. "Hand over the journal, or somebody's gonna get hurt!"

I opened the door and ran out. Like I hoped, Bipper followed. I ran almost straight into the werewolf. I screamed and dove out of the way. Bipper was right behind me. The werewolf saw him and whimpered. He ran off with his tail in between his legs. Literally.

I couldn't celebrate me victory, though. "You!" Bipper yelled. "You'll feel my wrath!"

"Uh, oh," I said. I dove out of the way as his yellow eye turned red and a blue fireball grew hot in his hand. I gulped. He had a crazy look to him. I had to get to Mabel. Maybe, together we could stop him. But how would I get up there? I had to stall him somehow.

I didn't have time. The fireball launched toward me. I leapt out of the way just in time. I smelled burnt hair. Bipper gave a crazy laugh and walked up to me. He towered above me. "Not so powerful now, eh Short Stack?"

I swung my legs out and topled him over. I pinned him down. Dipper gained control. "Ow!" He complained.

"Sorry, Dipper!" I said.

"N-no hard feeling," Dipper said. "You're doing great. Don't worry about me. I'll survive!"

Bill got control again. He laughed. "You know he's lying," he said. "If I stay too long, I could either burn him up from the inside, or send him to his doom." He smiled. "The falls would be the perfect place."

"Sorry Dipper!" I said. I remembered the pepper spray I always kept in my pocket. I took it out and sprayed it at him. He yelped and howeled. I found a wood board on the ground that had come loose. I smacked him over the head. He went limp. Another lump was forming on his head. "Oops," I said.