Chapter 4: The Sleepover

My mom said yes. She asked if I needed anything, but I said no. I didn't want to put her into danger. Mabel pulled me up to the attic that served as their room. It was pretty big as attics went. "Nice," I said. "Its better then my room. Well, if I had one."

"You can come over whenever you want," Mabel said. "It sounds like your house is the rental one in town."

I nodded. "Does anyone ever use it?"

Mabel shrugged. "We only got here a month or so ago." She glanced at Dipper and leaned towards me. "You wanna give my brother a makeover?" She wispered.

"I can hear what you're going to do, Mabel," Dipper said, without looking up. "And don't even try it!"

Mabel shrugged. "We'll get him later." She picked up her pig, Waddles. "Hey," she said. "Wanna see if Grunkle Stan left some snacks for us downstairs."

I shrugged. "Okay." I ran after her. I stopped at the door. "Want anything Dipper?"

"Huh?" He said, looking up from his book. "Uh, no thanks."

"Okay," I ran after Mabel. I got down the stairs and found the kitchen. Mabel was standing at the fridge. "Yes!" She said. "Jackpot!" She held up a tub of ice cream. "It's double fudge, even!" She set the container down and got two spoons. She gave one to me and left the other one to herself. We started to clean out the container.

"Man," I said when we finished the tub. "I'm full!"

"Yeah," Mabel said, holding her stomach. "No more."

I got up and looked out the window. "We should put up a light or something. It might stop the werewolf from getting any closer to the Mystery Shack."

"I bet Dipper has one," Mabel said. "Follow me."

We ran back up stairs and opened the door. Dipper wasn't reading anymore. He was facing this weird triangle guy with a top hat and bowtie. Mabel stopped dead in her tracks. I did too. It was like I couldn't move my legs.

"So, we have a deal, Pinetree?" The yellow dude said to Dipper.

Dipper was pale. "I only summoned you because it was serious. And your under my control this time."

"Sure," the guy said. "Anything for you."

Dipper bit his lip as the guy lit his hand on fire with blue flames. "Come on, Pinetree," the triangle said. "It's either this, or your sister will be in danger."

Dipper glanced at Mabel. Then he clasped the triangle's hand. It engulfed Dipper in flames. He let out a surprised yelp, then the triangle guy was gone. Dipper slumped to the floor. I could move my legs again and I fell on top of Mabel. I quickly scampered off her.
Mabel crawled over to Dipper and gasped. "Oh you idiot!" She said.

I walked up behind her. "What did he do?"

"He summoned Bill," Mabel said. "And now-"

Dipper's eyes flew open. One looked normal, but the other didn't look quite right. It was yellow and had a cat-like pupil slit. A crepy smile played on Dipper's lips. His normal eye was wide with fear. "Haha, yes!" Dipper said. But it wasn't Dipper's voice. It was the triangel guys, Bill.

"Not again," Mabel said.

"And this time I'm more powerful then ever!" Dipper-Bill said. Gosh this was confusing!

"Give my brother back!" Mabel yelled.

"Why not?" Bill said. He momentaraly gave Dipper control. His eyes widened. "Mabel!" He gasped. "Get out of here!" Then Bill took over with a horrifying laugh. "Trust me, Shooting Star," Bill said. "He can feel and here everything we say. So if I was to do this..." He grabbed a book and smacked himself over the head with it. He laughed and pinched his arm. "Pain is hillarious!"

"Stop it, you monster!" Mabel said. "You're hurting him!" She stood up. "And you know that I defeted you last time!"

Dipper-Bill smiled and stood up. "This time's different," he said. "You'll see." He turned to me. "Oh, don't think I forgot you, Short Stack."

I'd always been insecure about my hight. Mabel was almost taller than me and I was almost a year older! I put my hands on my hips. "We can defeat you," I said with as much confedince as I could muster.

"Yes," Bill said. "But can you do it without hurting him?" He gave Dipper a few seconds of control. He fell to his hands and knees. He looked straight at me. "Run!" He said.

I grabbed Mabel by the back of the sweater. "Come on!"

"No!" Mabel yelled. "I won't leave him!"

"We have to!" I said. "We can't risk Dipper getting terribly injured because of us!"

Mabel pouted at me. Then she gave me a look that said, I'm sorry. She turned and bit my hand. Trust me, braces hurt! I let out a yelp and let go of Mabel's sweater. She lept at Bill-Dipper, you know what, I'll just call him Bipper to save time. She tackled Bipper to the ground. "You get out of my brother's body!"

Bipper laughed. "Oh, please." He threw Mabel off and surrounded her in blue flames. Mabel yelled for help. I didn't know what to do. I saw a metal rod that was loose on one of the beds. I tore it off and yelled, "Hey!"

Both Bipper and Mabel looked over at me. "Leave her alone!"

Bipper's lip curled. "I'll give Pinetree here. Control right when it strikes," he said. He'll feel the pain."

I hesitated. Too long. Bipper dove at my feet, knocking me to the ground. I yelped and swatted at the air with my rod. It flew out of my hands as I did so, Bipper pinned me to the floor. "Not so powerful now, eh Short Stack?"

I tried to push him off, but he was too strong. "Mabel!" I yelled. Bipper laughed again, then gave power to Dipper for a split second. I pushed him off and pinned him down. "Ow!" Dipper said.

"Sorry, Dipper!" I said.

"Watch out!" Mabel yelled. I rolled away as a baseball bat came down and smacked Bipper in the head. He went limp. A big bruise formed on his forebead. I looked at Mabel who was breathing hard. Her nose was crimson. "Are you okay?" She asked me.

"I'm fine," I said. "What about you?"

She dropped the bat. She went over to Dipper. "I feel awful!" She said. "Do you think he's okay?"

"Hey," I said, putting a hand on my friend's shoulder. "He wasn't himself."

"I know," Mabel said, wiping her nose,

"What do we do with him?"

Mabel looked around the room. "We could stuff him in the closet."

I shrugged and helped her pull Dipper's unconcious body into the closet. "We'll deal with him in the morning."

Mabel nodded and yawned. "Better... watch the door," she said, eyes already half closed. I locked the closet and almost colapsed like Mabel. I got to a random bed and fell into a deep sleep.