Chapter 14: Reunion

I rushed over to Mabel and Dipper, shaking. I didn't trust myself to say anything.

I felt a hand on my shoulder. It was Mabel. "It wasn't your fault," she said.

"I know," I said. "Its just..." my voice faded. Mabel nodded, but didn't say anything. She was still trying to melt Dipper out of the ice. I picked up the flashlight off the floor. I shrugged and turned it on. It hit the Firecrystal and the tempurature of the room went up. "Woah," I said.

Mabel smiled, though it seemed a little more forced then usual. The ice melted a little faster.

That's how the next half an hour went. We didn't really talk. What would we talk about? After what just happened? It was better to sit in comfortable silence then awkward talking. Trust me.

We finally got a hole big and thin enough in the ice to start taking it apart. We made it big enough for Dipper to crawl through, then we started to melt the ice on his feet.  The color was starting to return to his face, but be was still shivering.

We finally got him free and pulled him out. He smiled weakly, but he was too cold and tired to talk or really do anything. Mabel gave him a hug.

I spilled the Firecrystal on the floor and handed the jacket to Dipper. "You'll get more use of this then me," I said. Then I remembered my own jacket. I got up and tugged the sissors out of my jacket. There was a huge hole in it, but I stilled liked to have it back.

I glanced back ar Mabel and Dipper. Mabel was supporting Dipper as he got to his feet. They acted like it was normal, like every day they ran into people that froze them into popsicles. My hand brushed my bag. I looked down. I decided that I'd have to give the journal back.

I walked up to them. Dipper was putting on his hat. "W-what are w-we g-gonna do about B-Bill?" Dipper asked, his teeth chattering. "W-what if he finds m-my journal?"

"He won't," I said. I pulled it out of my bag. The two of them smiled. "Kayla, you're a genius!" Mabel said.

I felt my face warm up a little. "I just needed it to find something that would melt the ice."

"That doesn't change anything," Dipper said, forcing a smile.

"Are you sure you're okay?" I asked. "You where in there for a long time."

Dipper shrugged. "I-I've been in worse situations."

Mabel punched Dipper in the arm. "Come on," she said. "This is one of the worse ones!"

"It doesn't matter," I said. "But we can't have Bill in the Mystery Shack."

They agreed with my. I shouldered the bag and we set off.