Ch 78 🍏

I've never seen someone eat ice cream and pickles and it looks gross but Holland can make it look sexy

I've never seen someone eat ice cream and pickles and it looks gross but Holland can make it look sexy. I look over at her and laugh.

"What something on my face?" she said.

"No, it's not that it's the way you eat that pickle." I laugh.

She winks and licks up and down it. "Wishing that was you huh?" she giggles.

"You nasty girl and well can you blame me?" I laugh.

We talk and laugh while she finishes up her pickle and ice cream. I already eat my cone and started to drive.

"So how are we going to tell the family? Just announce it at dinner? Or give something to my parents and Daniel?" I ask.

"Like what buy a rattle and some booties or something and give it to them? Or a shirt that says, future grandparents? I mean I've never done this." She laughed.

"Me either but maybe the booties or a bib would be a good idea. Why don't we stop and look?" I said.

"We can if you want to. Maybe a place that personalizes things?" She said.

"Oh yeah there is one in the mall lets go there and have a look. We may have to order some things to be ready for dinner." I smile leaning over to kiss her.

After coming out of the mall we were pretty happy with our decisions to get bibs that said Baby Maverick coming soon

"I like what we picked how about you Holls?" I asked.

"I do the bibs in a cursive writing one pink and one blue is a cute idea." She smiled as I lifted her in the truck.

On the way home I notice Holland is rubbing her belly and she does that a lot. Our family is going to know before time but I can't take my eyes off of her. She is so beautiful.

Once home she goes upstairs to change clothes and get comfy and I walk out to the barn to check on my animals to find Dustin out there.

"Hey bro hows it going?" Dustin asks.

"Hey man! I just wanted to check on the animals and feed them again but it looks like you have done it for me." I said.

"Yeah, I wasn't sure where you got off to so I thought I would." He said.

"I'm sorry I took Holls out for some ice cream and we wanted to spend some time alone," I said.

"Yeah, it gets loud around here. I heard she bought that other building and that you took her to get her a truck." He laughed.

"Yeah she got a nice ride and she wants to open a store next door and Emerson offered to manage it for her. She has so many things going on." I smile.

"She sure has brought life to this ole ranch," Dustin said.

"She really has and with Derrick here and now Sidney and her man Will. We just have extended the family but I'm happy about it." I said.

"I'm really happy for you man and I can't believe you are getting married next week." Dustin chuckles.

"It will be here soon and I'm more than ready for it." I smile.

"Are you guys going to take a honeymoon?" Dustin asks.

"You know I'm not sure we haven't talked about it," I said.

"Well if you decide to you know I can watch the ranch for you and I really don't mind," Dustin said patting me on the back.

"Thanks, man! Well, I better go see where she got off to. Come inside and have some cocoa with us." I said walking back to the house.

I walk in the kitchen to find Holls, Emerson, and Derrick and Chad sitting at the table. "Did yall give up for the night at the office?" I ask.

"Yeah, we are tired and came for some leftovers." Chad laughed.

"Find anything? I told Dustin to come in to have some cocoa.  Yall want some?" I ask.

"Yeah, I want some please." Holland smiles.

"We do too please," Emerson said.

"And I would like to try it." Derrick smiles.

"So Derrick what do you think of this ranch life?" Holland asks him.

"I can see why you love it so much Holls. It's so nice and quiet and nothing like city life." Derrick laughed.

"Just wait till you can't sleep because of no noise," I said.

"That's ok the roosters will wake you up." Chad laughs.

I make enough cocoa and pass it all around with the bag of marshmallows and sit down beside Holland. I wrap my arm around Holland and squeeze her shoulder. She grabs my hand under the table and places it on her belly.

I smile over at her and kiss the side of her head then take a sip of my cocoa listening to my brothers and Derrick talk.

"So Holls when is your new ride coming?" Chad asks.

"Umm in a few days it had to be ordered. My Tesla should be here soon as well and Sid is going back this weekend to pack up the rest of my stuff and then we will be complete." Holland said.

"Well, I have to say I'm excited for the office to open. I'm ready to start on whatever you got going on next." Chad smiles.

"It stays between us but green apple lip gloss and bacon-flavored chapstick and some makeup sponges are next with an orchard color makeup pallet of eyeshadows," Holland said.

"Shit sis I didn't even know about this!" Derrick laughs.

"Well, its been swirling around in my mind a while." She said as she yawned.

"I think we are going to head up to bed. Yall lock the door when you leave tonight." I said.

"Let's head to my house Emerson said to the guys sitting at the table. We can stay up and play cards or Xbox or something." He said

"Nite guys!" Holland said walking out of the room with me right behind her.

I smack her ass as she walks up the steps and she squeals which causes me to laugh as we walk into the bedroom and lock the door.