Ch 39 🍏

Pulling in at the ranch I notice there were a few extra cars in the driveway

Pulling in at the ranch I notice there were a few extra cars in the driveway. "Oh I see mom and pops is here and so is Jess," I said looking over at Holland.

"Just breathe sweetheart. They won't bite well maybe Jess she may be crazy when she sees you." I laugh.

Holland nervous laughs waiting on me to get her out of the truck.

I open her door and smile at her. "You ok?"

"Yeah, I just want them to like me." She breathes heavily.

"Oh believe me they will. I'm sure everyone has already filled them in on you." I said lifting her out of the truck then I grab the ribs.

As we walk up the steps the guys and Roger are sitting on the porch. "Hey pops! I smile. The older man stands up and comes toward them. "Hey, son! This pretty lady here must be Holland."

Holland smiles. "Nice to meet you Mr. Maverick.

"Oh pish girl! Call me Jack or pops whichever you choose. I'm not picky." He smiles. "Be careful going into the house Jess is waiting on you." He laughs.

I hand the ribs off to Dustin. "Let me introduce you before you get knocked down," I said.

Holland smiles at me and grabs my hand. Walking into the house and kitchen everyone is to busy to notice us. "Were back. Nice to see you, momma." I said.

An older lady turns around and grabs me in a hug. "Ohh it's good to see you too and this must be Holland. You are prettier than I imagined." She smiled.

She reaches for Holland and hugs her. "I'm a hugger." She smiles.

"Nice to meet you too Mrs. Maverick." Holland said.

"Oh, child that was my cranky mother in law just call me Josie or momma." She smiled.

"It's nice to meet you Josie and thanks for having me at this bbq. I'm excited because I know what delicious food Clara can make already." Holland smiled.

This loud noise causes them all to turn around. Sounds like a heard of bulls coming down the steps.

"That would be Emma and Jess." I laugh.

You could hear Emma telling Jess to stay calm. I squeeze Hollands hand to not be nervous. Two smiling young ladies approach us.

"Hey Holland!" Emma smiles. "This is our sister Jess and she's beyond excited to meet you."

"It's nice to meet you, Jess. I've heard a lot about you." Holland said.

Jess steps forward and does a little dance and screams. "OMG Holland. It's so nice to meet you. I thought they were lying when I was told about you until Em face timed me and all the makeup you gave her."

Holland laughs. "I hope she shared them with you."

"Oh, she did as soon as I came in the door," Jess said.

"Well, I'm glad. I met a young girl named Tiffany at the butcher store that loves my makeup and I'm going to have to get her some." Holland said.

"Is it true that you are going to use our fruit to make a skincare line?" Jess asked.

"That is true sis." I pull out a chair for Holland to sit down. "I need to go get the ribs going. You going to be ok in here?" I ask her.

"I'll be fine." She smiles at me. I peck her lips and walk out the side door.

Jess and Emma sit down on each side of her. "Now girls don't you annoy Holland," Josie said sternly.

"They are fine but thanks, Josie. Go ahead what is it you want to know?" Holland laughs.

"Are you really going to make a lipgloss and name it after Worth?" Jess asked.

"I plan to and Worth informed me earlier that if I made chapstick that taste like bacon boys would buy it." Holland laughs.

Emma laughs. "He loves his bacon so he most definitely would."

"I bet all guys would buy that stuff." Jess giggles.

"Buy what?" Chad asked walking in.

"God, you're nosey." Jess looks at her brother mean. "But anyways bacon chapstick."

"Oh, I would buy that." He laughs.

"See Holland we told you that." Emma smiles. "So tell us about you and my brother. How did he like New York?"

"Oh he loved it you can see everything from my penthouse." Holland smiles.

"You have a penthouse?" Jess jumps up. "OMG, you got a penthouse?"

"Yea I do but I'm hardly ever there because I'm working," Holland said.

"You guys also went to your home town?" Emma asked.

"Yeah Emma we did and my Aunt Shelly and her crazy friends in the community they loved Worth." Holland laughed.

I walk back in the door. "I think one of them called me a yummy piece of meat or something like that."

Everyone in the room laughed. "Maybe so but they thought you were pretty." Holland giggled.

I lean down and kiss her forehead. "Come outside with me and help me with the meat. Ok cya, later girls." Holland smiles at them.

Heading out to the grill I stop and turn around. "My sisters love you."

"I think they are pretty great. I always wanted a sister." Holland smiles.

"Well, now you got two." I smile and lean down to kiss her lips.

"Let's go check this meat," I said and once we rounded the house we saw Daniel and Nancy in the yard talking to my pops.

"How are you feeling about all that Holls?" I asked.

"I'm not sure yet. I don't want to get my hopes up and then he not be you know? But in a way, I hope it is because I feel like they deserve a second chance at parenting." She said.

"You always put other people's needs above your own. That's why I love you." I said.

"You love me Worth?" She asked.

"Shit! Holland this isn't how I wanted to tell you that." I said.

"It doesn't matter how all that matters is that you do. I love you too Worth." She smiles at me.

I pick her up and swing her around. "You love me?" I ask her.

"Yes, yes I do! For a while now. Just to chicken to say it." She giggles.

"Same. I wanted to tell you in New York and just couldn't." I said.

I let her down and open the grill lid to check the meats.

"You kids ok? Pops said as he walks over.

"We couldn't be happier pops." I smile.

Holland excuses herself to go help Clara and Josie in the kitchen.