Ch 38 🍏

We arrive at the lab and all four of us go in

We arrive at the lab and all four of us go in. Worth grabs my hand and squeezes it. As we walk in a young guy smiles at us. "Can I help you?"

"Yes, we are here for a paternity swab under Kane," I said.

"Oh yes! It will be a few minutes. Someone will be out to get you." He said.

"Thanks!" I sit down beside of Worth and blows out air and bite on my bottom lip.

"Holland however this turns out I'm thankful that you came to do this with me and that you're not mad," Daniel said.

Before I could answer my phone beeps and its Derrick face timing me.

📞Hey Holls! I just wanted to say good luck this morning.

📞Hey Derrick! I'm here with Worth and this is Daniel and Nancy.

📞Nice to meet you guys! I'm Holls younger handsome brother.

📞 You ain't right. Listen thanks for calling but I gotta go. I love you.

📞I love you too sis. Bye, everyone!

"Well, he was a cutie." Nancy laughed.

"Oh, he's something else." Worth adds. "He and Chad would get along great."

"Ms. Kane?" A lady says stepping out in a pair of scrubs. "Both parties right this way. We are just going to swab your cheeks." She said.

Daniel stands and points for Holland to lead the way.

Once seated the lady presents the cotton swab. First, she swabs all in my mouth and then does Daniels.

"This will take a few weeks." She said while securing them in the packaging.

"Is there any way you can expedite the shipping. I am willing to pay." I said.

"That's possible. Let's get you guys back out front and the receptionist should know." She said.

Walking back out front Daniel joins Nancy and Worth. I walk up to the desk and ask about expedited shipping.

"Oh, it's about one hundred and fifty dollars if you want to do that." The receptionist said.

"I would like to do that please and have it sent to this email address please," I said.

After finishing up we all four go outside. "Well, we should know in a week or so," I said.

"Well keep us posted," Daniel said smiling. "Well we need to get going we have to decorate our boys grave," Nancy said.

"You guys coming over later for the bbq? Mom and dad will be there." Worth said.

"Oh, we will be there." Daniel chuckles. "We would love to see them and the free food."

I can't help but laugh. "Speaking of that we need to get going we have ribs to pick up. See you guys in a bit." I smile.

We all go our separate ways and while in the truck is silent. "What are you thinking Holls?" Worth asked.

"Just how different life will be if he is my dad," I said.

"Daniel is a great guy. I went to school with Kevin. We all played football in school and Daniel was at every game." Worth said.

"He was?" I asked.

"Yeah, he was such a good dad. I hope it all turns out right for you guys. You both deserve it." He said. "If it turns out he is your dad I guess you will be coming here more often then."

"Worth I would come here for you. How can we make a relationship work if we don't see each other?" I ask.

"I know I was just teasing. Let's go get the ribs." He jumps out of the truck and comes around and lifts me out. We walk hand in hand inside the butcher shop.

"Hey, Worth! Come for those ribs?"

"I sure am Dale. How's it going?" Worth asked.

"Oh, its good son. Who's this pretty lady you have on your arm?" Dale asked.

"This is my girlfriend Holland." Worth smiles.

"Nice to meet you, Dale," I said.

A lady walks out with a young girl behind her. "This here is my wife Glenda and my daughter Tiffany," Dale said.

"Nice to meet you guys I'm..."

"Holy Crap! That's Holland Kane!" Tiffany screeches.

Worth laughs. "I see you have another makeup lover on your hands."

"Nice to meet you, Tiffany, Glenda," I said.

"Apparently our Tiffany knows you." Dale laughs.

"Daaaad! OMG, she only owns and runs the biggest makeup empire in New York. How could you not know her???" Tiffany said.

Dale laughs. "Well, I don't wear makeup so theirs that." He laughs.

"I wish I had my freebie makeup with me I would give you some but its back at the ranch. I'll leave some with Worth and I'm sure he will get it to you." I said.

Tiffany runs out from behind the counter and hugs me. "Thank you so much Ms. Kane I love your makeup!"

"Your very welcome sweetie." I smile.

"Well, we better get these ribs back to the house for the bbq. Catch you guys later!" Worth said as we walk out with the meat.

"Nice meeting you guys!" I smile and wave at them.

Worth helps me up into the truck and he leans in for a kiss. "You are famous wherever I take you." He chuckles.

"I can't help it girls and women love my makeup." I giggle.

"Even though I wasn't around when you made it you make me proud to be with you when girls and women beam up because of your products." He said.

"That's why I do what I do. Just seeing their faces like that. And they truly love my makeup it makes me want to make more." I said.

"Yes! Sour apple lip gloss and bacon chapstick." He laughs.

"Don't laugh I'm so going to make both." I giggle.

"Are you really?" He asked.

"Yes, I'm going to make it, and I'm going to dedicate it to you Mr. hot cowboy." I laugh.

"You think I'm hot?" He smirks.

"Since the day I laid eyes on you." I smile over at him.

"Same for you sweetheart but I thought that you were way out of my league." He said.

"Why would you think that? I am just a regular person." I said.

"But your not Holls. Your beautiful and smart and you run a million dollar compy and I'm just a cowboy. I don't have much to give." he said.

"Worth you offer so much. I love being with you wherever it may be at and I'm not after your ranch or money just you." I said.

"Oh, I know all that now but I didn't know that the first time I saw you. I was so nervous because I thought you were someone that you most definitely are not." He said.

Worth reaches over and entwines his fingers in mine then brings them to his lips. "I can't wait until you meet my parents. They are going to love you."