Ch 47 🍏

After stopping to get some fresh Lillies we headed to the graveyard

After stopping to get some fresh Lillies we headed to the graveyard. "I don't know why I'm so nervous it's not like I'm really meeting him. But I want to show my respect for him. So you knew Kevin in school?" I ask.

"Yeah he was friends with all of us and we all hung out. He was always smiling and laughing. He was a jokester really just a good person." Worth said.

I smile as we pull up to the graveyard. "Here let me get you out." Worth laughs and jumps out of the truck and helps me down. "He's right over here."

We walk over to his headstone and I fall to my knees and touch his headstone.
Kevin Dwayne Rogers
1994-2017
~Beloved Son~
Gone but never forgotten

"Wow, it seems real now. Hi Kevin. You might be wondering why this crazy girl is sitting on your grave." I lay the flowers down in front of his headstone. "Well, I'm your big sister but still I wish I would have gotten to know you. But I promise to love Daniel to the best of my ability." I said wiping tears from my eyes.

"You ok sweetheart?" Worth asks.

"Yeah, I think I mean its just sad. He was so young and he had his whole life to live it's just not fair." I said.

Worth wraps his arms around me. "No it's not fair but he would want you to love his family since he can't."

I walk back over and kiss my hand and then lay it on his stone. "I love you Kevin and I'll see you on the other side."

"Ok, I'm ready I think. Let's head back and you can decide if you're coming along or not." I smile.

"God I love you." He looks back at the grave. "Don't worry Kev I'll take care of her." Worth said.

He picks me up and swings me around. "You make me feel like a teenager." He chuckles.

I giggle as he carries me to the truck and puts me in the seat. I reach out for his face. "I love you Worth." I rub my hands on his face and then around his neck and kiss his lips.

Worth kisses me back and rubs noses. "Let's head home."

"Sounds good to me," I whisper against his lips.

On the way back to the ranch we roll the windows down and turn up the radio and just enjoy each other's company. Worth reaches over for my hand and kisses it.

I place my hair behind my ear and smile over at him. Pulling up to the ranch it looks like most of the family are there outside on the porch.

Worth parks and walks around to help me out. "Come on sweetheart lets go be smothered with family. "I really need to talk to my pops." He said.