Ch 8 🍏

A little while later Daniel and his wife show up at the house in time for dinner

Worth stands up and greets them so I stand up as well and smile.

"Hi, Nancy." Worth smiles at her.

"Hey, handsome! Who is this beautiful woman beside you?" Nancy asks.

"This is Ms. Holland Kane." He said.

"Holland Kane??? Oh my gosh!" She turns and smacks Daniel. "You didn't tell me a celebrity was going to be here!"

I laugh and shake Nancy's hand. "No celebrity here just someone who loves makeup."

Daniel smiles. "She's here to buy some apples because she is going to be making a skincare line."

"Oh gosh, when it comes out I will be buying some," Nancy said.

I smile at her and pat her hand. "No you won't just give me your address and I'll mail you some."

Nancy tears up. "You're the sweetest." And pulls me in for a hug.

Clara enters the room. "Dinner is ready so come to the dining room please everyone."

Worth leads me to a big open dining room with a huge table and lots of chairs. Worth pulls me over to the far end and grins. "We won't have to talk so much if you don't want to." He laughs.

"Sounds good to me because if you haven't already noticed I like to eat and talk less at the table," I said.

"I swear I don't know where you put all the food." Worth laughs.

There is a line like a Buffett and I just put a spoonful of just about everything on my plate to try. I sit down and Daniel is beside me. "I see you aren't picky." He said.

"Not at all. I figure I would try it all and then go back for seconds on what I really like." I smile at him.

Daniel belly laughed. "I do the same thing but Nancy fusses at me."

"I say as long as you eat it then it doesn't matter," I said.

Worth walks back over and sits beside me brushing his long leg against mine. I look over at him and smile.

Dinner seemed to drag on and on. At one point my phone beeps and I saw it was my brother texting. "Excuse me a second please," I said standing up and walking into the den deciding to call Derrick.