Ch 15 🍏

"Wow!" Worth said looking up at the building

"Wow!" Worth said looking up at the building. "I have never seen anything like this before.

Walking into the building an older gentleman greeted me from behind a desk.

"Welcome back Ms. Kane."

"Thanks, Sam!"

We step on the elevator and Worth laughs. "I feel like I am with a celebrity."

"Why Worth? I'm just a friendly person and I like to know things about people that I see daily. I'm not a stuck up snob like people think." I said.

"Oh, I know that your not. I've seen you tip all those people even though you didn't have to." He said.

"I know people are struggling sometimes and I don't mind sharing what I have if I have it," I said.

The elevator dings and the door opens to the penthouse.

"Wow, this Is something else." Worth said looking around.

"Thanks, I know this place is to clean and it doesn't seem like me or even lived in but, to be honest, I don't spend much time down here. I work till late and come home and go to my bedroom." I said.

"Is that where you do all your thinking and come up with ideas?" He asks.

"Sometimes I guess when I can't sleep my mind is turning on different products and names." I laugh.

My phone beeps.

📱Holl, did you make it home?

📱Yeah, we did.

📱We???

📱Yes, Worth traveled back with me. We just walked in the door. Love you.

📱Love you too!

I laugh... "See I can't even get home before Derrick is checking on me."

"That's a good brother in my book. I worry about my sisters constantly." He said.

"I get that but come on up all of these steps and I'll show you to your room," I said.

"This is really a really nice place you got. Even this spiral staircase." He chuckles.

"Thanks! But its no ranch." I wink at him.

"Wow, this room is awesome." He sits his bag down at the bottom of the bed.

"There is a bathroom right through there and I'll show you my room if you would like to see," I said.