Ch 43 🍏

Holland walks back out into the bedroom

Holland walks back out into the bedroom. "I think I am ready I'm just so nervous."

"No need to be nervous my family loves you and Daniel has been in our lives for years and my family will be so happy for him. You have no idea how much this helps him and Nancy because after losing Kevin they have barely been making it. I saw their face today and Nancy was crying when you and Daniel were hugging." I said.

"I really like them both Worth. But I love you." She puckers her lips and I walk right into them.

"I love you too sweetheart now let's go face everyone and tell them the good news." I smile.

We walk hand in hand down the steps and smile when we see everyone in the living room.

"Before we sit and eat Holland wants to tell you her good news so that you don't have to wait any longer," I said.

Daniel walks up beside of Holland and me.

"So not only am I making this skincare line I have fallen in love with this guy." She points to me and everyone laughs. "But the biggest shock of all is to find out this morning that Daniel here is my father." she smiled.

The whole room fell silent...

"Well, I'll be damn," Jack said! "How did yall work this all out?" He asked.

"We realized the other day when Holland was in the kitchen talking about her mom and her name that Daniel believed he was with her back in the day and we went the other day and had a paternity test done," I said.

"My brother Derrick worked some magic and had a rush put on it and we found out this morning and that's, why we rushed out of here, was to go tell Daniel," Holland said.

Daniel wraps his arm around Holland. "And now I have lots of time to make up for with my little girl."

Everyone was hooting and hollering and using whistles.

"This is something to celebrate! Congrats guys!" Jack raises his glass and everyone else does too. "This man is one heck of a father. I've known him half my life and I know that Kevin is definitely smiling down." Jack said.

Holland chokes up. "I just want to thank all of you for taking me in and treating me like family and in the process of actually finding my father. I hope this is the start of something beautiful."

I wrap my arm around her. "They say we all meet for a reason and even though it was a crazy way this girl here has my heart and I love her and she loves me so we will be seeing a lot of each other," I said.

Holland sees Josie wiping a tear. "I'm just so happy to see you happy Worth. And Holland I think the world of you." She smiles at her oldest son.

"I like you guys too. You all make me feel like I am home." Holland wipes a tear.

I smile at her and then lean down to kiss her lips.

"Alright, let's eat! That's all we seem to do."  l laugh.

Sitting at the table beside Holland I slip my hand in hers and rub her hand with my thumb. I lean over and whisper in her ear. "I love you."

"I love you too Worth and I'm just thankful for all of you." She smiles at me.

"Do you want to take a walk? We can go visit Rex.?" I ask.

"Ok, let's go." She said excusing ourselves and getting up and walk out toward the barn.

"I'd say he's missed you," I said to her about Rex.

"Well, we better take him some apples then." She smiled walking ahead of me calling ou to Rex.

Rex pops his head out of the stall making noises. "Hey, Rex! How is my baby? You want an apple?" She asked.

Rex nudges her hand and takes the apple while she rubs him down and coos over him. I walk up with another apple and Rex lets me give it to him and rub down his mane.

"He likes you now it seems Worth." Holland smiles.

"But he still won't let the others touch him." I chuckle.

"Let's walk back in case Clara and your mom need help cleaning up," she said.

"You are very thoughtful holls but I had something else in mind." I smile at her.

"You did? What would that be?" She asked biting her lip.

"This," I said stepping closer to her and wrap my arms around her and kiss her lips.

"I like your way of thinking." She said laughing against my lips and wraps her arms around my neck and presses her lips to mine again.

I hold her tight and deepen the kiss causing my tongue to brush her bottom lip and Holland opens her mouth for full-on contact of tongues.

We were making out hot and heavy when we heard someone clear their throat. "Sorry to interrupt guys but we are about to have some cake and mom wants you guys to join," Emerson said.

"Thanks, bro! We will be right there." I said.

Holland kisses me one more time. "I love cake so let's go." She giggles.

We make it back inside and mom brings us both a saucer with a piece of cake on it. "Where did you two disappear?" She asked.

"Holls wanted to see Rex," I said.

"Rex? That ole grumpy thing that won't let anyone pet him.?" Josie asked.

"Oh yeah, he lets Holland mom. Now he lets me because of her." I said.

"That I cant believe." Josie laughs.

"Oh, he's putty in her hands when she baby talks him." I chuckle.

Holland laughs. "He's no longer Chad's horse. He's mine."

"Plus the new colt she named green apple," I said.

"Green apple? Why that name? Josie asked curiously.

"Because of the new skincare line and how we met was all about green apples," I said.

"That's adorable son. I saw him with his momma yesterday." Josie smiled.

"It was my first live birth like that and it was incredible." Holland smiles.

"Oh just wait till you have babies dear." Josie smiles and touches Holland's arm.

When mom walked away Holland turned to me. "Was she hinting about gran babies?"

"That's a good possibility she always asks when any of us are going to have some for her to spoil. I think if any of us did they would quit traveling to be around more." I said.

"That's something we haven't talked about. But I'd like to at some point." She leans over and kisses my cheek.

"Me too sweetheart." I smile at her.