Ch 58 🍏

Once back to the penthouse I am so aggravated I don't even speak in the limo

Once back to the penthouse I am so aggravated I don't even speak in the limo. I can't stand Adam and I don't know why he wants to make me miserable.

Walking into the bedroom I sit down on the bottom of the bed to take my shoes off.

"Holls are you ok? You have been awfully quiet on the way home." Worth said.

"I'm just annoyed Worth. Why does he want to ruin my life and claim he wants me back when he was sleeping with a guy behind my back for years. I just don't get it."

Worth walks over and gets on his knees in front of me. "Don't give it much thought he went to jail for the night and if you decide you want to do anything about it later we can."

"I appreciate you handing all of that for me. I was embarrassed but very thankful that Chad came to my rescue even though I didn't need him." I laugh.

"Yeah, I think he has taken a liking to you. You don't view him as a screw up as his friends do." He said.

"Well, then those aren't friends. But when he becomes know for something he does they will flock around because of money. You know how that goes." I said.

"Yeah I get that for sure but I appreciate all you have done for him. He needed that boost." He smiled.

"Let's get ready for bed and start over tomorrow. You guys are going to work with me again right?" I ask.

"Yeah, we plan too, and then as bad as I hate to say it we have to get back to the ranch and get you more apples shipped because you need them for the skincare." He said while pulling me close in the bed.

"I don't want you to leave Worth. I'm so used to be with you now." I pout.

"Well, what are we going to do about it then?" He asked kissing my forehead.

"I don't know I mean we have such a distance between us. I can't up and move and neither can you." I said.

"Maybe you can fly down on the weekend?" He asked.

"We could probably do that for a while." I yawn.

"Let's get to sleep we will figure it out, sweetheart. I love you." He said.

"I love you too Worth," I said snuggling up to him

The next morning we get up with plenty of time to spare and head to the bakery to get doughnuts and sandwiches and coffees.

Once arriving at work we all head to the conference room and enjoy our breakfast.

"Morning guys!" Derrick said walking into the room.

"Hey, Derrick! Come get a sandwich and doughnut." I pat the table next to me.

"Thanks, sis! So guys how was it going to see the skin cream and the container?" He asked.

"Oh, it was awesome! It looked so good in the container." I have a pic on my phone." Chad said handing his phone over to Derrick.

"Oh, this looks awesome! We need to work on the launch Holls." Derrick said.

"That's what I was thinking. When they leave Worth is going to be sending me more apples to make more so that way when we launch we can sell then." I said.

"Are we coming to the launch?" Emerson asked.

"You better! I want the whole family to come along with Daniel and Nancy and Aunt Shelly it will be awesome." I smile.

"Hell yeah, that's a good idea." Worth smirks.

"I can arrange everything." Sidney laughs.

"Well, I'm counting on that Sid." I giggle.

"Guys if you want to go down and help Chris with filling the containers you are more than welcome to. I just have to go over paperwork with Derrick." I said.

"I would like to go," Chad said getting up from the table.

"I'll go to," Emerson said smiling.

"Well, I'll stay here. Watching my girlfriend work is hot" Worth chuckles.

Derrick laughs. "Boy, you are in love."

"I am for sure." Worth smiles and bites into another doughnut.

Three hours later we have everything signed and dotted and ready to go. Chad and Emerson walk back upstairs and into the conference room.

"I'm hungry can we go to the diner again?" Emerson asked.

"Of course we can if you want to." I smile.

We gather all the papers up and put them in a folder and I lay them on my desk and grab my bag. "Let's walk there again,"  I said.

We shuffle into the elevator and are laughing and joking around when the floor below opens and James steps on.

"Oh hey, Holland." He said.

"Hi, James how are you doing?" I ask smiling at him.

"I'm doing ok." He said looking at his feet.

I turn to Worth and he is smirking and its dead silent in the elevator but leave it to Chad to say something terrible.

"You guys were awful quiet last night you must have just slept." Chad chuckles.

I cover my face with my hand. "Oh lord Chad really?" I laugh.

Thank god the elevator opens and we all get off and walk toward the diner. I grab ahold of Worth's arm and hold onto it.

Once in the diner we grab a booth and sit down and look at the menus. "I have really enjoyed you guys staying here with me. I hate to see you leave." I said.

"We hate to leave as well sweetheart but I can't leave Dustin with all the work." Worth said.

"Oh I understand why you have to go back I just don't want you to." I smile.

The food is delivered to the table and we all dig in... "So Holland why was that dude in the elevator looking at you like that? That's why I said what I said." Chad said.

"Well I went on a date with him and when the night was over he wanted to come up for a nightcap and I said no and goodnight in his car and Derrick and your brother say I cockblocked him." I laugh.

"Yeah, then he saw us in the elevator kissing and gave us the evil stare." Worth laughs.

"Now I get it." Chad laughs.

"It didn't help with what you said Chad." I smacked his arm and laughed.