Chapter 39

The sophomores widened their eyes at their senior. Jungwoo could tell what they were all thinking. Game?

"The game we will be playing is like capture the flag." Jungwoo watched as they exchanged looks with each other.

Jungwoo chuckled as he showed them a red credit card, a fake one.

"We will be heading into the human world, the city. Inside the city, Sejung is hidden. Inside her bag, in her wallet is this red credit card. Each of you will head into the city and try to blend into the crowd and find her, which shouldn't be too difficult." Jungwoo said with a smile as he showed them the people of the city.

"The hard part is making sure she doesn't find you. If she tags a silver tracker on you, you are out. Are you at a disadvantage? Maybe since she is a fully trained operative. But at the same time, there are seven of you and only one of her." Jungwoo said.

"But there's a twist, there's only one red card, which means only one of you will suceed." Jungwoo said, a glimmer in his eyes. He looked down at his watch.

"You all have half an hour to get changed before meeting us in the command room downstairs." Jungwoo said. And with that, the sophomores began running towards the elevator.

Once they were gone, Jungwoo turned towards Doyoung, who had a bright smile on his face.

"Interesting choice in lesson." Doyoung said to him.

"Thanks." Jungwoo said. "Shall we wait for them downstairs?" Doyoung nodded.

"Let's go."

...

Neutral colours, neutral colours. Haechan thought as he looked through his closet. He decided to go with his grey hoodie, black bomber jacket, jeans, and black converse. He was about to leave but turned and took a cap as well, concealing his hair. As he walked out of his room, his friends were coming out as well.

Jeno wore an all black outfit. Renjun was in jeans and a grey plaid shirt, a small bag slung across his shoulder. Yangyang wore a white sweater, denim jacket, and black jeans. Jaemin wore a simple black crewneck and jeans, a black cap on his head. He also had a backpack slung over one shoulder.

The four of them walked in silence, meeting the two girls at the doors of the agency. Both of them had their hair down and a cap, concealing their faces. Haechan could tell that they had all done well in the dressing part, it was now the way they acted that would set them apart.

Once they were in the elevator, Jiwoo broke the silence.

"Who would have believed that we would come all the way to the agency to play a game of capture the flag." Jiwoo said. They all looked at each other before laughing.

"Yeah, that sounds pretty ridiculous." Haechan responded. Soon the elevator doors opened and the seven of them stepped out to meet Jungwoo and Doyoung in the command room.

"So as per usual, silver bracelets, contacts, mics, and earpieces." Doyoung said, passing the silver tray around.

"You can keep the mics off, that's only for emergency purposes." Jungwoo told them. Haechan made sure to hide his wires, tucking the bracelet underneath his jacket.

"I will be taking you to each of your locations, one by one, each a fair distance away from each other and Sejung. Keep to this area, your earpiece will beep if you have gone too far." Jungwoo showed them a map with a big red circle around the central area. Haechan flinched as he heard the beep ringing through his ear and judging by the other's reactions, they had heard the same.