Chapter 30

Xiaojun and Hendery were dueling on the mats, both dripping with sweat.

"Take that!" Hendery yelled, shoving the spear at Xiaojun. Xiaojun quickly dodged the attack, the spear lodging into the mat instead. Xiaojun stifled a laugh as Hendery tried to pull it out, quickly stealing his wand instead.

"Hey, chill." Hendery said, standing straight. Xiaojun chuckled as he handed the wand back to Hendery.

"You need to work out your arms more." Xiaojun said, pulling the spear out of the mat. Hendery mumbled a spell, waving his want to fix the hole in the mat.

"Yes mom." Hendery said, rolling his eyes.

"Someone called?" The two boys turned to see Kun walking towards them, hands in his pockets.

"Do you need us?" Xiaojun asked. Kun nodded his head.

"I have a task for you two."

...

Jiwoo followed Johnny and Winwin to Winwin's office. She had just been told by the agency leaders that she and Yangyang had been tasked with their solo missions, Winwin and Kun being in charge of each of them. Now they were going to recieve the specifics of their mission.

Winwin motioned to the chair in front of him. Jiwoo took as seat, while Johnny stayed standing in the corner of the room, arms crossed.

Winwin gave Jiwoo a small smile as he took out a folder with her name on it.

"Solo mission, huh." Jiwoo said, trying to break the tension in the room. Winwin nodded his head, opening the folder inside, eyeing the files.

"Your missions isn't actually that hard, physically." Winwin told her, looking up from the papers.

"Is it hard mentally then? Do I need to use my brain?" Jiwoo asked. She was getting worried. She wasn't exactly the brightest, scoring the lowest out of her peers when it came to intellect.

"Not exactly. I'd say that it's hard..." Winwin's voice trailed off as he looked up at Johnny, trying to find the right words.

"It's hard emotionally." Johnny said. Emotionally? Johnny moved towards Winwin's side of the desk, standing beside the elder faerie.

"Your mission is kind of a second part to Jeno's." Johnny told her. Jiwoo slowly nodded her head, recalling what Jeno had told her about the mission before the winter break.

"Jeno will be returning back to the Werewolf Pack every weekend to assist with training Ryu Chanwoo to be the next Alpha. You'll be assisting him with travelling but also his emotional support." Winwin told her. Emotional.... support?

"Jeno's been having a pretty rough time recently, and I think it would be beneficial to have a friend to go through it with him." Johnny added. Seems pretty simple.

"Do I tell Jeno about this?" Jiwoo asked the two. She watched as Winwin and Johnny exchanged looks before turning to her.

"I mean, it's up to you, but I knowing Jeno, i wouldn't suggest it." Johnny advised. Jiwoo nodded her head.

"Yeah, that makes sense." Jiwoo said to them.

"Well, if there's nothing else to discuss, you're dismissed." Winwin told her. She bowed to the two agency leaders before exiting the office, making her way to the elevators.

As Jiwoo got out of the elevator, she noticed a boy walk out from the other elevator, gym bag in hand.

Jiwoo ran after the boy as he furiously walked towards the male dorms. He clearly knew that she was following him, but made no effort to slow down and wait for her.