Chapter 13

As the party began to die down, Jaehyun found himself far away from the celebration. In fact, he found himself on a mountain right outside of the kingdom, were numerous tombstones lay. As he got closer, he noticed another figure, standing in front of one of the stones. He walked closer, until he was able to recognize who it was.

"Jaemin." Jaehyun watched as the boy flinched upon hearing his name. Jaehyun watched as Jaemin turned around, releasing a sigh of relief as he saw Jaehyun's face.

"Hyung, you scared me." Jaemin said, his signature smile appearing on his lips.

"Sorry, I'm just used to approaching people quietly from training." Jaehyung replied.

"Did you come here for Sora?" Jaemin asked him. Jaehyun gave him a nod. He looked at the name on the tombstone in front of Jaemin.

"Do you miss him?" Jaehyun asked, referring to Jaemin's father. He noticed Jaemin hesitate before answering.

"I do, but I know he's in a better place now." Jaemin answered.

"That's a good mentality to have." Jaehyun told him. Jaemin took a step back, patting Jaehyun on the shoulder.

"Everything gets better with time, hyung." Jaemin said before making his way down the moutain, leaving Jaehyun alone with his thoughts.

...

The weekend had quickly passed and it was soon a regular day of the week. Taeil was sitting peacefully in his office at the agency's building when he recieved a phone call. He looked at the caller ID, noticing it was Seojin.

"Hi." Taeil said, answering the phone.

"How fast can you make it to the Vampire Kingdom?" Seojin asked him. Taeil could tell her voice was full of urgency. Taeil looked at the time on his watch before answering.

"Is 15 minutes fast enought?" Taeil said.

"Good enough." Seojin responded before hanging up. Taeil sighed as he made another phone call.

"Winwin, what are you doing right now?"

...

Jeno, Renjun, and Haechan exchanged looks as they silently rode the elevator. The three of them had recieved a message from Taeyong, requesting their presence as soon as possible.

"What do you think this is about?" Jeno asked, breaking the silence.

"Solo mission, maybe?" Haechan suggested. Renjun shrugged his shoulders.

"We're only two months into the school year, isn't it too early?" Renjun asked. Haechan shook his head.

"It can take months to prepare." Haechan told them as the elevator doors opened. The three of them walked down the narrow corridor, stopping at the door at the end. They entered their fingerprints and eye scans, the door opening in front of them to reveal the board's meeting room.

The agents sitting inside looked up as the three of them walked in. At the head sat Taeyong, Doyoung and Ten sitting on either side of him. Also in the room were Mark, Jaehyun, Johnny, and Taeil. The three boys awkwardly took a seat, feeling overwhelmed by the serious tone of the meetings.

"Hello agents, I have good news and bad news, which would you like to hear first?" Taeyong asked, lacing his fingers in front of him as Doyoung pressed some keys, the room darkening as the the holographic screen in the middle of the room lit up.

"Good news." Haechan responded. Taeyong nodded to Doyoung and the words "Solo Mission" appeared. Haechan smiled to himself as he realized his prediction was right.