Chapter 1

It was the fresh start of a new semester, Rena sat at the table outside the female dorms, helping guide the new students moving in. Beside her sat Yuri, who was helping Rena give out keys to the girls that came by.

"Hello." Rena looked up to see a girl standing in front of her. Rena immediately put on a friendly smile on her face.

"Hi, welcome to the Academy. My name is Rena and this is Yuri and we'll be checking you in today. Can I get your name please?" Rena asked the girl in front of her.

"Yes, I'm Kang Minjee." The girl replied, before looking around. Rena looked down, finding the girls name. Rena froze as she saw the room number assigned to her.

"What's her room number?" Yuri asked, holding the keys in her hand.

"315." Rena said. Yuri's eyes widened.

"But isn't that..." Yuri's voice trailed off.

"Yeah, it's Sora's room."

...

Jaemin made his way to the female dorms with Jeno and Jiwoo. Jiwoo was taking over for Rena and Jeno was walking her over while Jaemin was heading to pick Rena up. Rena gave the group a smile as she saw them come, but there was a long line of students in front of her.

"Let me finish a few more and I'll be with you." Rena said to Jaemin. Jaemin nodded, leading Jeno aside while Jiwoo helped Rena with the students.

"Time passes by pretty fast, huh." Jeno said. Jaemin let out a small chuckle.

"Yeah, we're already in our second year." Jaemin said to his friend.

"Jaemin!" The two boys turned to see a familiar girl running towards them. Jaemin exchanged looks with Jeno as the girl went up to them.

"Hi Naeun." Jaemin said, trying to be polite.

"Hey, I just wanted to clear the air a bit." Naeun told him. Jeno slowly stepped back, knowing it was going to be a private conversation.

"Mhmm, continue." Jaemin said.

"I just wanted to apologize for being so annoying last year before everything happened. I'm actually repeating my freshman year so I won't be in any of your classes but I wanted to have a fresh start." Naeun said. Last year, the girl had a massive crush on Jaemin, constantly annoying him despite the fact that Jaemin made it clear that he didn't like her.

"Alright." Jaemin simply said, putting his hands in his pocket.

"Am I forgiven then?" Naeun asked, looking up at him. Jaemin gave him a nod. Naeun gave him a bright smile, heading back to the dorms. As she left, the sparkles coming off her landed on Jaemin's leather jacket covered arm.

"Aish, why do faeries have the most annoying attributes." Jaemin said, brushing the sparkles off. He heard people giggling and turned to see Jeno and Rena.

"Shall we go?" Rena asked, linking arms with him.

"Please." Jaemin replied, the three of them heading to the dinning hall for lunch.

...

"Oh, you have got to be kidding me." Renjun exclaimed as he watched the newest members of the agency walk in.

The agency was a glass building adjacent to the academy. The building was made with one-sided glass, as you could see your own reflection on the glass, but couldn't see anything through it. Upper floors contain office spaces, classrooms, and lounges while underground was the training area and dinning hall.

The current agents were waiting inside the classroom for the newest additions to join them for their first briefing.

"What is it?" Haechan asked his friend. There weren't many new additions. Three, to be exact, aside from Jisung and Chenle who entered with them. Haechan recognized Naeun and Jimin immediately, leaving one more person. Renjun shot daggers at the girl with dark hair, taking a seat at the front.

"She's a witch, her mother's the new coven leader." Renjun whispered to him as the leaders prepared the screen.

"And?" Haechan said, sensing there was more.

"We used to fight all the time, she's terribly annoying." Renjun told him. Haechan rolled his eyes.

"You're too sensitive." Haechan told him, earning a glare. Taeyong had began his speech, going over policy, and mentorships, and other boring things that Haechan couldn't bother listening to.

Soon, the agents were organized into their speed dating arrangement, in order for the new members to get to know them better. Haechan soon found the dark haired girl sitting across from him and Renjun.

"What's your name?" Haechan asked the girl.

"Kang Minjee." The girl replied, glaring at Renjun. Haechan cleared his throat, gaining their attention back.

"Since you already know him, let me introduce myself. I'm Lee Haechan." Haechan said, reaching out to shake her hand. Minjee hesistated before taking it.

"I'm a phoenix." Haechan told her. Minjee tilted her head.

"Isn't your real name Donghyuck." Minjee asked. Haechan was taken aback.

"Well, yes-"

"Isn't your brother Dongwook?" Haechan froze in his spot. Luckily, Taeyong had told them to switch, signalling their time is over.

"Bye Renjun, bye Donghyuck." Minjee said, leaving to sit with Rena and Jaemin, triggering the phoenix.

"I don't like her." Haechan said to his friend.

"Told you so." Renjun replied, resting his chin on his hand.

...

"You didn't tell me you were coming back." Jisung said to the girl sitting beside him in the dinning area. They were the first two to get their food so they sat, waiting for the rest of the new members of the agency to join them.

"Didn't think it was important." Jimin said with a shrug. Jisung shook his head. When Jimin stayed at the Academy for a few days last year, the two of them had gotten close but over the past few months, the two had drifted apart. Jisung was surprised to see the girl walk into the auditorium earlier that day and this was the first time they had time to talk. It was soon over though as the rest of the group joined them.

"So what do you think?" Chenle asked group as he took a seat beside his best friend. Jisung really knew that he was asking Minjee though, as he was familiar with the rest of them. Minjee shrugged.

"I don't understand the hype around this agency. No one really seems intimidating or anything." Minjee said, surprising the rest of the table.

"Do you know any of them personally?" Naeun asked the girl.

"I kind of know Doyoung from the coven but he left a long time ago. I know Renjun pretty well though." Minjee told him. Jisung made a mental note to ask his hyung about the mysterious girl later.

"What are you thinking about for mentors?" Chenle asked them.

"Probably Yuta hyung, I feel like I can learn more from him." Jisung said to the group.

"I want Sejung." Minjee said, focused on her meal. Chenle and Jisung exchanged looks. Sejung was definitely a strong agent, but she scared the two younger boys.

"Did you two have mentors last year?" Naeun asked. The two boys nodded.

"What were the pairings?" Jimin asked.

"Well," Chenle took a deep breath before answering her question.

"I was with Winwin, Jisung and Ten, Rena and Seri, the new Vampire Queen, Jaemin and Jaehyun, Jeno and Johnny, Renjun and Doyoung, Haechan and Taeil, Yangyang and Kun, and well, Jiwoo with Sora." Chenle said, all in one breath. The girls nodded, half registering the words he said.

"There's also a wall with all the pairings and agents in the past." Jisung told them, pointing to the wall across from them.

"Cool." Minjee simply said.

That girl is something. Jisung thought to himself as he finished up his meal.

———————————————————————————
I'm watching titanic with my fam and all I want a jaehyun for myself :(