Chapter 38

Jungwoo sat at in the dinning area of the male dorms, drumming his fingers on the table with a bowl of chips sitting beside the stack of papers in front of him.

His deadline for his lesson plan was coming up soon, but he still had no idea what to do. Sejung had done a flawless lesson and he didn't want to be too far behind her.

Jungwoo tugged at the roots of his hair, hoping it would get his blood flowing, letting him find some inspiration. He looked up as he noticed someone take a seat across from him.

"Struggling with your lesson plan?" Jaehyun asked him. Jungwoo nodded.

"Can't think of anything." Jungwoo admitted. Jaehyun leaned forward to look at his empty papers before leaning back.

"Think about what you're good at, Jungwoo. What can you do that no one else can?" Jaehyun suggested.

"That's the problem, hyung. I'm not really good at doing anything. I just blend into the background as if I'm not there." Jungwoo said, throwing his hands up. Jaehyun gave him a smirk.

"Jungwoo, you know blending in is a skill, right?" Jaehyun pointed out. Jungwoo tilted his head.

"Skill? How is that a skill?" Jungwoo asked him.

"If you're tracking someone down or going undercover, you're going to want to blend in and not be noticed, right?" Jaehyun said. Jungwoo couldn't help but nod in agreement.

"Isn't it basic knowledge though?" Jungwoo asked. Jaehyun simply chuckled.

"You'd be surprised at how many agents can't help but stand out in a crowd." Jaehyun told him.

"Hm, I guess you're right." Jungwoo said, quickly jotting down the idea. Jaehyun reached for some of Jungwoo's chips, munching as Jungwoo began planning his lesson.

"Hey, hyung." Jungwoo said, getting Jaehyun's attention.

"Yeah?" Jaehyun said, looking at the male in front of him.

"Sejung told me about what happened with Jaemin." Jungwoo told him. Jaehyun froze in his spot, the chip in his hand breaking between his fingers.

Jungwoo quickly shook his head, flicking his bangs to the side. "Don't worry, you're not the only one that can't forget Sora's death."

"What do you mean?" Jaehyun ask, sweeping the crumbs from the chip he had broken off the table, into his hands.

"I can never forgive my father for killing her." Jungwoo said before turning his attention back down to his paper, finishing up his lesson plan.

For a split second, Jaehyun noticed a speckle of gold shimmer in Jungwoo's eyes before they turned brown again.

...

Rena was back in the interrogation room, leaning against the wall with her arms crossed this time. Everyday at around 8pm, she would return to this room to see if the siren would talk and every day at 8:10, she would leave after determining that the siren wouldn't.

This had been repeating for a week now, and Rena wasn't expecting it to end anytime soon.

"How long are you going to do this for?" The siren asked her. Rena thought for a moment before answering.

"Until I get what I need." Rena responded.

With that, she walked out of the interrogation room and the siren was taken away. Rena was surprised to see no one but Jaemin waiting for her on the other side of the glass.

"What are you doing here?" Rena asked, narrowing her eyes.

"Observing." Jaemin simply answered, a smirk on his face. Rena rolled your eyes.