Chapter 11

It was now the day of Seungmin and Jaehwa's wedding, and the agents found themselves at the Vampire Castle, socializing with the guests of the event.

Taeil found himself talking to the new General of the Vampire Royal Guard, Han Seojin, a good friend and former classmate of his.

"It's a shame Dongwook couldn't make it." Seojin said to Taeil as she observed the guest from the top of the grand staircase, looking over the ballroom.

"He's too busy being locked up." Taeil replied, the glass of champagne in his hands. He turned to face the General.

"With the presence of the Phoenix Queen and Haechan, I would watch your words, General." Taeil warned her. Seojin gave Taeil a wide grin.

"Starting a fight on my home turf? Daring." Seojin walked passed him, making her way downstairs. Taeil shook his head as he followed behind her.

Downstairs on the sides of the ballroom, Taeyong stood beside Doyoung as they watched the guests greet the Vampire Queen, Im Seri, also Taeyong's ex-girlfriend.

Doyoung watched as his best friend stared in awe at the girl, sitting on her throne, her black crown on her head.

"You should talk to her." Doyoung said to his friend. Taeyong shook his head.

"I shouldn't." Taeyong answered. Doyoung let out a sigh.

"You obviously still like her, so why don't you?" Doyoung pushed. They watched as the other members of the agency greeted their friend, as Seri was a valued member before she became queen.

"It's not the same anymore. This isn't the agency, I can't just do whatever I like. She has a kingdom to rule and I have an agency to lead." Taeyong told him. Doyoung rolled his eyes.

"Your feelings have nothing to do with greeting an old friend." Doyoung said as Taeyong realized that he had taken his words the wrong way.

"I need some alcohol." Taeyong said, making his way to the bar on the other side of the room. Just his luck, he bumped into another woman he did not want to talk to.

"Taeyong." The Phoenix Queen said, greeting her childhood friend. Taeyong wanted to pretend that he didn't hear the red haired female, but unfortunately, the guests around them made him decided against it.

"Hi Hwayoung." Taeyong said, turning around. She gave him a small smile.

"It's been a while since you returned to the kingdom." Hwayoung told him. Taeyong slowly nodded.

"I've been busy." Taeyong said, trying to avoid conversation.

"It's a shame that you spend your time with the agency when there's a kingdom waiting for you." Hwayoung said, reaching past him to get her drink. Taeyong tried to contain his anger.

"I don't want to rule the Phoenix Kingdom." Taeyong told her. Hwayoung gave him a sharp stare.

"Your choice." Hwayoung said before walking away.

...

"He's a fool." Sejung said to Seri as they caught up over drinks. Seri had moved from her throne to a bar table in the corner instead.

"He's also your leader." Seri replied, taking a sip of the crimson liquid in her glass.

"Don't get me wrong, he's a great leader, but terrible lover. Don't know what you see in him." Sejung replied, shaking her head.

"He has his sweet moments." Seri said, avoiding Sejung's eyes. Sejung let our a scoff.

"Yet he hasn't spoken to you once today." Sejung pointed out. Seri let out a sigh.