Chapter 3

A week had quickly passed. Rena watched as the new mentorship pairings took their pictures together in the training area.

The new pairings were as follows:
- Chenle and Kun
- Jisung and Yuta
- Naeun and Jungwoo
- Minjee and Sejung
- Jimin and Ten

"We had a large class, didn't we?" Jaemin whispered to her. Rena nodded, agreeing.

"Our shoot took much longer." Rena whispered back to him.

"What are we whispering about?" A voice whispered, surprising both of them.

"Na Jimin, don't do that!" Jaemin exclaimed as his sister giggled.

"You two were being suspicious, I couldn't help it." Jimin said, clenching her stomach as Rena shook her head.

"I'm surprised you chose Ten as a mentor." Rena told her.

"Well, when I was training with Doyoung, he suggested that I find a mentor that could help enhance my powers." Jimin told them.

"Did you know Ten was Jisung's mentor last year." Jaemin said, wiggling his eyebrows. Jimin's ears began to turn bright red.

"Well... I... uh..." Jimin stuttered.

"Hey Jimin, we're going to go out, do you want to join?" Jisung asked, interrupting their conversation.

"Bye." Jaemin smirked as Jimin joined Jisung and their friends.

"I kind of ship it." Rena said, grabbing Jaemin's hand in hers.

"Hey lovebirds, dinner time." Haechan called out to the two, tapping his wrists.

"Calm down, we're coming." Jaemin said, dragging the girl over to where their friends were waiting.

...

Jaehyun effortlessly summoned a spark to his fingers, letting it dance across his arm as he rested his head on his desk.

His fire power was new, but with the help of Taeyong and Haechan, he was soon able to control it. Everything about this power came easily to him. Summoning fire felt like second nature to him, like it was there all along.

He sighed as he let a flame dance on his hand. Although the fire was beautiful, it was also a constant reminder of Sora's death. Jaehyun had gained this new power from all the emotions he felt, holding the girl in his arms as she breathed her last breath.

He eyes the picture of the two on his desk, imagining what it would be like if she was there, with him in the moment. He was so absorbed in his thoughts, he didn't hear the person entering his office.

"You look miserable." Taeil said, surprising Jaehyun.

"For the love of god, knock next time." Jaehyun said sitting up in his seat.

"I'm offended that you decided to work with Taeyong over me." Taeil said, crossing his arms as he leaned against the wall.

"I can switch if you're that upset." Jaehyun said, leaning back in his chair.

"No, I have Winwin." Taeil said to him. He eyed the picture on his desk. Jaehyun noticed this and turned the picture away from him.

"Why are you here?" Jaehyun asked the siren.

"Do you want the real answer or the fake answer?" Taeil asked.

"I don't really care." Jaehyun answered.

"Yeah, I know you don't, that's the problem." Taeil straightened himself up.

"It's been over half a year, Jaehyun. Even though she's not here, life goes on." Taeil told him.