Chapter 19

Taeil closed his eyes. It was a dark night, the moon was out, and yet he found himself outside, at his favourite spot on campus. The lake.

He inhaled deeply, taking in the fresh air before opening his eyes. He walked along the snowy path, towards the half frozen lake. He bent down as he got close to the water, taking his gloves off before reaching his hand out. Before his fingers could touch the water, he froze in his position. He heard footsteps.

Taeil quickly stood straight, putting his now gloveless hand in his jacket pocket while still facing the lake.

"What are you doing here." Taeil said. He heard the person sigh before making her way beside him.

"Couldn't sleep." Yoora said as she stopped at his side, staring at the lake as well.

"It's cold." Taeil said, eyes still glued to the lake. He noticed Yoora eye him from the corner of his vision.

"Says the one that almost put his hand in the water." Yoora pointed out. Taeil couldn't help but chuckle.

"Thanks for reminding me." Taeil said, taking his gloveless hand back out. He took a step forward bending down.

"Taeil," Yoora said moving forward to hold his hand back but Taeil shook his head.

"I'm a siren, I'll be fine." Taeil reassured her. Yoora placed her hand back inside her pockets before standing back straight. She simply observed Taeil from a few steps back.

Taeil put his hand in, letting the ice cold water flow through his fingers. It felt cold, but his hand remained it's natural color.

As a siren, water gave Taeil energy, no matter what its temperature was. He closed his eyes, humming softly to himself, just loud enough for the two of them to hear. Yoora watched as his hand began to emit a soft glow before Taeil's eyes suddenly snapped open. He took his hand out of the water, flicking his wrists so that the water came off his hand before returning it into his glove.

"Did you recieve a prophecy?" Yoora asked him. Taeil gave her a smirk.

"Even if I did, I wouldn't be able to tell you." Taeil said, before turning around, towards the path that would bring them back. He motioned his head forward.

"Let's head back." Taeil said, beginnning to walk. After a few steps, he heard Yoora running to catch up with him, before falling in step beside him.

"You're a weird man." Yoora muttered to herself. Taeil held in a chuckle, fully aware that he wasn't supposed to hear her words.

...

Rena leaned back into the couch, watching as Jaemin, Jeno, Haechan, and Renjun played games, sitting on the floor in front of her. She sat with Jiwoo on the couch, scrolling through her phone.

The group was relaxing in Dream's lounge, spending the last bit of time together before they left for their own kingdoms tomorrow. Originally, Rena was going to stay at in the dorms with Jaehyun but Jaemin had offered his place for the two of them instead.

"Yah, take that!" Haechan yelled. She noticed Jeno's grip around the controller tighten while Jaemin stayed perfectly calm.

"Haechan, why isn't this button working?" Renjun exclaimed as Rena looked at the screen. The two of them were getting completely destroyed by Jaemin and Jeno.

"Renjun, you're pressing the wrong button!" Haechan said as he peeked at the witch. Renjun laughed softly just as Jaemin took this opportunity to take advantage of the two. Rena watched as Jaemin effortly attacked their team, taking the win.