Chapter 22

Jisung lied in his bed, staring at the ceiling. It had been a few days since he had returned home, and boy was it boring. He spent his days helping his mother inside the house, occaisionally calling Chenle to play video games but the Sprite Prince was busy attending royal matters.

Jisung sighed as he scrolled through the contacts on his phone, wondering who to contact out of boredom. He found himself hanging a finger over one of the contacts, debating whethere to message or not. In his careless state, he accidentally clicked onto it, starting a video call. Jisung fiddled with his phone as he tried to hang up, but the person had already answered the phone.

"Jisung?" Jimin said, her face surprised as she stared at the boy lying on his bed. Jisung quickly sat up, fixing his hair.

"Hey, are you busy?" Jisung asked, flustered. Jimin let out a small chuckle before shaking her head.

"No, I had dinner with at the castle and now I'm just relaxing in my room. What are you up to?" Jimin asked him.

"Ah, nothing much, I was just bored. Chenle was busy. I was actually debating on whether I should message you or not but in the process, I accidentally called you." Jisung admitted. He watched as Jimin smiled, placing her phone down on the table in front of her so Jisung could get a proper view of her.

"Wait, is that the sweater I gave you last year before you returned to the Vampire Kingdom?" Jisung asked as he recognized the sweater the girl wore. He watched a Jimin immediately covered her face before nodding.

"Yeah, it is." Jimin replied. Jisung chuckled to himself, admiring how adorable the girl was.

Wait, adorable?

...

Jaemin heard a knock on his door. He looked at the time. Rena, Renjun, and Jaehyun had left not too long ago. Who could it be?

"Eomma?" Jaemin said as he opened his door. His mother was standing there, holding a tray with two teacups full of warm, crimson liquid.

Jaemin's mother was a tall and slender woman, with long black hair, pale skin, and dark eyes. The vampire in her allowed her beauty to shine through, and Jaemin was glad to inherit his mother's delicate features along with his father's strong body. Despite being hundreds of years old, Jaemin's mother didn't look a day over thirty. Jaemin's mother smiled to her son.

"May I come in?" Jaemin's mother asked. Jaemin nodded, guiding his mother to two couches in the corner. His mother rested the tray on the coffee table in between before taking a seat on one of the couches. Jaemin followed suite, sitting in the couch opposite to her.

"Why are you here?" Jaemin asked, narrowing his eyes. He sensed that his mother wanted to talk about something specific with him.

"Can a mother not visit her son that she hasn't seen in a while?" His mother retorted.

"I know that you want something." Jaemin said. He watched as a sigh escaped her lips before reaching down, bringing the teacup to her lips.

"You're too much like your father." She replied before her eyes turned dark. Jaemin gulped before lacing his hands in his lap. This was a sign that whatever his mother was about to say to him was not a good thing.

"You've been slacking off at the academy." His mother said. At least my hunch was right. Jaemin didn't know how to respond so he looked down at his hands instead.

"Don't think that I didn't know that your grades dropped. I know you're not a board member anymore, word travels fast in the supernatural world." His mother continued. Yup, I'm screwed.