Chapter 42

Rena, Haechan, Renjun, Taeil, and Taeyong were back in Taeil's office. Haechan laid the book out on Taeil's desk as Rena flipped through the yellow pages.

"It should be here, the pages are missing." Rena said, letting them all look through. Sure enough, someone had ripped out the pages of the book.

"Is there a spell you know for this?" Taeil asked the witch.

"There is one, I just don't know it." Renjun admitted. They looked towards Taeyoung.

"Renjun, run to Doyoung's office, will you?" The agency leader said.

Renjun nodded, quickly running out. Seconds later, Doyoung returned with him.

"You people seem serious." Doyoung said as Renjun closed the door.

"Now isn't the time to joke around." Taeyong said, glaring at him. Taeil cleared his throat, bringing their attention back to the book.

"Hyung, do you know a spell to get the pages back?" Renjun asked him. Doyoung eyed the ripped pages before rubbing his temples.

"Yes, just let me think for a moment." Doyoung said, closing his eyes and whispering to himself. Seconds later, his eyes fluttered open and he began chanting a spell. They watched as the pages slowly returned, growing to their original length.

"Theban alphabet, as expected." Haechan mumbled, immediately passing the book to Renjun.

"This is very similar to the griffin book." Renjun said as he read. Suddenly, the colour drained from Renjun's face, as if he had seen a ghost.

"Hey, are you okay?" Haechan asked, poking him in the arm. Renjun stayed silent so Doyoung took the book out of his hands, reading it himself. As he read, his eyes widened.

"What is it?" Taeyong asked as Doyoung put the book down on the table in front of him.

"The power source, the most important ingredient of the potion, the one thing that made making shapeshifters so difficult to create is a strand of the Devil's hair." Doyoung told them.

Rena was confused as to why all of them were so quiet.

"Well, that requires a trip to Hell, that's basically impossible unless you have demons that can get you in." Rena pointed out.

"That's the thing." Renjun said with a sigh turning to face his friend. Rena gasped as she realized what Renjun was saying.

"You... " Renjun nodded.

"That's right. I got a strand of the Devil's hair." Renjun told her.

"Wait, but it was used for the Wizard Coven Leader's potion, right. To cure diseases." Haechan said. The agency leaders inside the room exchanged looks as an out of breath Yuta came bursting through the doors.

"Hyung, hyung. There is no potion that cures diseases!" Yuta exclaimed with heavy pants. That's when he realized that there were three non-leaders in the room.

"Get Mark in the interrogation room right now." Taeyong demanded.

...

"Mark Lee. Wizard. H.I.D.D.E.N. Agent." The guards let Mark through as he followed Taeyong to the interrogation room.

Please don't be one of the sirens, please don't be one of the sirens. Mark thought as Taeyong opened the doors for him. Mark took a step inside and one glance at the siren.

Even though it was clearly thinner and closer to death than being alive, it was enough for Mark to make his decision.

"Do you recognize him?" Taeyong asked.