ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ²⁶

Your mouth gaped open when you realized that you had said your thoughts out loud. His lips formed into a gentle grin, but something about the look in his eyes were making you uncomfortable. At that moment, you got a gut feeling to run away from this man. If you looked at him you would instantly assume that he is a calm and gentle man.

However, if you looked further, you would notice the calculating yet playful glint in his eyes. The man's eyebrow raised when he noticed that you were observing him in such a serious way. By now, your expression was serious and alert. "You're looking at me like that and yet I'm the one who let a stranger into his house." He pointed out.

Well technically, he was right, so you decided to ignore your gut feeling and suck it up. You gave him a crooked smile. "I-I'm sorry about that.."

The man shrugged it off then proceeded to take something out of a cabinet. In his hands were some clothes. He handed it to you and smiled. "I figured that you'd want a change of clothes when you woke up."

You uttered a small thank you and finally, he left the room. When the door shut close, you realized that you didn't get the chance to ask for his name. You let out a sigh then gathered all your strength to get out of bed and change into the clothes you were handed. Judging by the cloth, you were sure that these clothes were expensive. They were well designed and smelled really nice, the only thing that bothered you was that the brand tags were snipped off. 'Ah whatever.'

When you cleaned yourself up in the bathroom connected to the room, you opened the door the man came out from and explored the house. Big was an understatement of what the place looked like. It was fucking huge! The interior was well designed and everything seemed dust free. Through a huge window, you saw the view of a full moon. 'I guess my sleep didn't last that long. Hmm, I wonder what time is it?'

You looked around to find a clock. Various picture frames were hung on the wall along with some expensive looking decorations. This didn't shock you, after all your home was covered with expensive things as well. The sound of a clock ticking caught your attention and thus you followed where it came from. You scanned the walls for a clock bu-

What..?

A small picture frame caught your attention. There, the man who took in had his arm slung on the shoulders of someone familiar. The young face with a serious expression made your heart beat faster. Sweat trickled down your forehead as you realized who it was. It was the same person who had kidnapped you, Yoru.

"No no no no no.." Your breath quickened as you looked at his face. Out of everyone you could've found, it was someone who knew him!

'Shit shit shit shit.. I have to calm down before that man figures out that you know.' You took in deep breathes and closed your eyes. You analyzed your situation as calmly as possible. The picture looked old and it seemed like Yoru was younger when it was taken, so maybe, just maybe, they don't keep in touch anymore? No no, the picture frame is pure gold, he must be important to that man. Shit shit shit what do I d-

"Miss? Are you okay?" Your body went stiff and your hands started to get clammy. You opened your eyes only to see the man in front of you. "Ah, my apologies. Did I startle you?"

You nodded. At your state right now, you didn't trust your voice to properly work. The man smiled at you then told you something about eating. The mention of food made you gulp. You haven't eaten in hours and you were starving. He chuckled at your antics then led you to his dining room. Surprisingly, there were no trace of any butlers nor maids. Normally, it wouldn't have bothered you, but considering this house was big and filled with countless of expensive furniture, you were sure that he needed help in order to properly clean everything.

"Don't worry. All the staff are on a day off today." Immediately you sent him a confused look. Could he read minds????

"Pftt, sorry. I could sense that you were confused. After all, you must be used to butlers and maids greeting you." The man gestured you to sit on the chair to eat, but you just stood there.

"Do..do you know who I am?"