ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ²

Yoru hid in the shadows, waiting for the perfect opportunity when no one would see him entering the room. After a few minutes of waiting and confirming that no one was currently awake, he silently walked towards the white door detailed with gold designs and turned the door knob. The door opened with a small 'squeak'. Yoru slightly cringed at the sound. He quickly, but silently went inside the room and closed the door. He stared at your sleeping figure and walked towards you.

   Your blanket was now at the edge of your bed which seems to have been kicked there. His eyes roamed at your body, clothed by your measly night clothes. Subconsciously, he reached down and gently grabbed a piece of your (h/c) hair. You just looked so peaceful and pure, everything that was unlike him. His heart started to beat furiously and his stomach felt like it was doing backflips. He retracted his hand and placed it on his chest.

   "What am I doing?" He quietly whispered to himself. You started to move around then faced the other side. Yoru stood there, now looking at your back. He decided it was time to go before someone caught him in your room. Before closing the door, he looked at you one more time then quietly shut the door.

- - -

   A yawn escaped your lips as you went out of your bed. Your feet touched the tiled floor which made you slightly flinch at the sudden coldness. You gazed at your bed only to see that your blanket was at the very edge of it. 'Hmmm, was I always a messy sleeper?' You wondered.

Brushing it off, you went to your bathroom and did your usual morning routine. While brushing your teeth, you couldn't help but think of the new butler, Yoru. His handsome face was stuck in your head. Before you decided to daze off, you finished brushing your teeth then splashed water at your face. Today was the day that you would finally go to school after years of being homeschooled. Sure, it took you a long time to convince your father, but you were sure it would be worth it. The man was very protective of you as he was your only parent.

You never had a mother nor a woman's influence in your life. There was bound to be many awkward moments, and god there were. You could never forget when you explained to your father what a period was. The first time you had your period, your father went to wake you up and saw the red stain on your bed. He panicked as he thought that someone hurt his precious innocent baby girl. Your father had called Sebastian, who somehow appeared in light speed.

   You cringed at the memory of the conversation with the two grown men. From that day on, your father let Sebastian take care of your woman needs, as he called it. You shook your head and instead focused on putting on your school uniform. You struggled to put on your uniform as you weren't used to having one. When you were satisfied with how it looked, you went down to the dining area to eat breakfast.

   "I never thought I would see my baby girl all grown up." Your father approached you while he wiped a fake tear off his face. You rolled your eyes at your father. "I'm sixteen, dad. Stop calling me that." He raised his hand up in surrender and chuckled.

   "Alright." Silence followed after. Somehow, you knew something was up, he was never this silent.

"Dad, is there something wrong?" You asked and stopped eating.

"Well, I have one condition for you before you go to school..." You motioned for him to continue as you drank your water.

   "Well, our new butler, Yoru, will have to go with you." You spat out the water from your mouth as you heard this.

"What ????"