ᴇsᴄᴀᴘᴇ ᴇᴘɪʟᴏɢᴜᴇ

Six months, twenty six weeks, one hundred eighty two days or simply half a year. It's been that long since you've made the decision to escape. At the start of your recovery you thought that you could live normally again, but now, it was kind of the opposite. Those events changed you completely. Not only were you depressed and physically weak, you also suffered from post-traumatic stress disorder.

You would relive your memories through your nightmares and anything that reminded you of him made you have severe emotional distress, sometimes even physical reactions. Your nightmares made you go through the events that you experienced and everything you woke up, you'd always end up crying. Eventually, you forgot their faces, but that didn't stop them from haunting you.

When you got back to the mansion, you avoided areas which reminded you of the blond boy. You distanced yourself from your father, Sebastian, and everyone else.

Many times you would just sit there and look out the window. The smallest things would startle you and you almost never put your guard down. The therapy sessions and some of the pills did help, but medicine can't just magically cure you. After all, it was a mental illness. Your father did not stop worrying for you. He and Sebastian did everything in their power to somehow provide you with a sense of relief. The butler in particular, blamed himself for not protecting you. Anyways, today wasn't any different from your usual routin-

The door opened. Immediately, you turned your head to the door. A sigh of relief made its way out of your mouth when you noticed it was only your butler, Sebastian. With his right hand on his chest, he bowed to you then smiled. "Good day, Miss (Y/n). Master has called for you."

You silently stood up and let Sebastian lead you to your father. When both of you arrived at the door to your father's office, the butler knocked on the door and announced your arrival. Your father let out a small come in and thus Sebastian opened the door for you. Sat on a chair behind a desk, was your father. His hair definitely had more white strands than before. A part of you blamed yourself for causing more stress for your father.

"Ah, (Y/n). Take a seat here." Your father gestured to the chair in front of him.

Reluctantly, you took a seat on the comfy chair. "What did you call me for, father?" You asked with a small voice. The man in front of you sent a sad smile at your form. It hurt him to see your depressed state. Your relationship as a father and a daughter was getting worse and worse the more that you distanced yourself from others.

Before you noticed his sad expression, he let out a small cough. "Your school has sent out an invitation for you."

"Invitation..to what?"

"Your graduation, of course."

"What...what do you mean?" Your father sighed.

"I thought it would be a good idea for you to meet your classmates. I'm just worried about your well being..."

You couldn't believe the words that came out of your father's mouth. He wanted you to attend a school graduation, which you weren't even present in majority of the time, and meet the so called "friends" that would just gossip about you? You didn't even talk to most of them, except Katsumi, and the guy kidnapped you!

"Father..."

"I know that it sounds ridiculous to see your classmates graduate while you just watch, but I really think that you should start to socialize. I think that if you get used to it, then eventually you'll be better. I'll send some security guards or even Sebast-"

"I'll go." You quietly said with your head down. Your father gently smiled at you. In a way, your father was right. If you kept avoiding everything, then you wouldn't ever get any better. With a small thank you, your father told you that you could go now and prepare yourself for the next few days. Before you could get out the the room, your father's voice made you stop.

"Oh and (Y/n), please stop calling me father. I find it too formal." He said with a tone of stiffness. Honestly, you wouldn't blame him if he felt awkward. After all, both of you used to be really close before the incident. You found yourself feeling guilty as you thought of the moments that you brushed him off.

"Okay...dad." As you closed the door, a small smile appeared on your dad's face. 'Maybe she will get better..'

- - -

After countless days of anxiety, it was finally the day of the graduation. You never would've thought that you would feel scared attending your school's graduation instead of being happy and excited about it. If only you stopped your past self from attending school...

You wanted to experience all kinds of things that you've been sheltered from. You thought that you would make your father proud by graduating high school without the help of a private tutor. As a child, you dreamt of making friends and doing all sorts of things that friends do. Hell, you even imagined what it would've been like falling in love. You expected much better things, but all you got was trauma.

Your father wished you good luck as you went into the expensive car. You somehow also talked your way out of being escorted by five body guards, and the driver didn't even count! After you had written your father an essay long letter, he finally let you off and decided that you attend the graduation alone while your driver waited in the parking lot.

If you were going to face your fear, then it's best to do it by yourself. Little did you know that it was actually a bad idea...

   Anyways, soon you arrived at the school venue. Students stared and whispered as they saw you leave the car. You were scared that this would happen, but it was practically inevitable. A teacher, who seemed as if she was waiting for you, greeted you then lead you to the seats. You conversed with her for a bit before you wondered off. Mindlessly, your feet led you to a place you thought you would never see again. Before you knew it, rows of trees filled your eyesight.

'This place...'

In front of you was the place where you often ate lunch with him. Memories flooded your mind and you immediately felt yourself having a panic attack. You gasped for air as a hand clutched your chest. Tears blurred your vision and your knees started to get weak. Eventually, you fell onto the floor. You hated this feeling, you felt so damn vulnerable and scared. As you were having a panic attack, a person walked towards you. They didn't even bother to hide yourself because he knew you would be too immersed in your little nightmare to notice him. A chuckle made its way out of their mouth while he watched you suffer.

"You look so ugly crying, bitch." Confused, you looked up. Before you could even react, the person knocked you out. He let out a sigh then kicked your side.

"Tch, so weak and pathetic, but I guess I need you alive. After all, I wouldn't want my precious otouto to do something reckless just to get you back."

The next day, you woke up in Daku Yoru's arms.