ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ²³

Upon waking up, you burrowed yourself into the warm and soft sheets. You slowly sat up then rubbed the remainder of sleep from your eyes. Still dazed, you looked around the room and wondered,

   'Where am I?'

On cue, the door opened and there you saw Yoru. Memories flashed through your mind and suddenly you felt the ache of your body. Waking up is no longer the pleasure it was if you'd see him when you open your eyes. You immediately regret your decision of waking up. When both your eyes met contact, you didn't dare move nor breath. Your heart felt heavier and the hair on your arms stood up. Yoru furrowed his eyebrows when he felt your uneasiness. Had he done something wrong to you? He made sure that you felt pleasure the other day, so why were you scared of him?

The boy was truly clueless of his wrong doings. Growing up, he wasn't really taught what was right or wrong. The only thing that he learned was how to become a great and skilled assassin. Yoru pushed away his worries and instead gave you a soft smile.

"You can take a shower now. There's food waiting downstairs, so don't take too long. I'll be gone for a while to buy you some clothes." He said before he closed the door then left.

This could be your chance! You immediately climbed down from the bed. As a result of the events that happened before, your legs wobbled as you made your way to the bathroom. The soles of your feet felt the cold hard floor which only pushed you to walk faster. When you arrived at the bathroom, you noticed that it was nicer than before. The bathroom floor now had a clean carpet and installed on the wall was a towel rack. The old cabinet was replaced with a new and clean one. Not only was the shower head replaced, but the faucet as well. You were plesantly surprised but then you snapped out of your thoughts.

   'This man kidnapped you. You should not fall for his charms.' You reminded yourself.

You stepped into the shower, toes flinching when they touched the ceramic floor. You adjusted the heat then bathed your skin properly. When you were done, you turned the tap off then grabbed the white and fluffly towel from the towel rack. You dried yourself then realized that you had no clothes to put on. Your (e/c) eyes scanned the room for any signs of clothes. Maybe they were in the new cabinet? A satisfied smile made its way to your lips as you saw that you were right. You dressed yourself then made your way downstairs.

Like the bathroom, everything downstairs were also renovated with brand new furniture. It seemed much more modern. The wood that boarded up the windows were now replaced with nicer looking and sturdier wood. Everything seemed much brighter thanks to the variety of lights that were installed on the ceiling and lamps around the room. Now the bedroom that you were prevously in seemed to fit in the house. You made your way to the dining room and sat on a cushioned seat. The aroma of the food Yoru made reached your nose. You munched on the food, but refused to drink the water. Because of the incident that occured yesterday, you were wary of the liquids that he offered you.

Now that you had satisfied your appetite and regained energy, it was time to escape. You made your way upstairs and into the new bedroom. The candle was now smaller as most of the wax had melted, but you figured it was sufficient enough. You carefully held the candle, so that the fire wouldn't die down as you moved. Finally, you made your way to the secret door. You crouched down and applied enough pressure. The door opened towards you, but before you slipped into the hole, you first inserted the hand that held the candle. Inside the hole was darkness and it seemed to stretch out a good distance too. You hesistated, but then quickly made your way in as you remembered that Yoru could arrive at any time.

You closed the door behind you then started to crawl forward. You felt slightly claustrophobic because of the small space which only led you to move faster. After what seemed like forever, you met a dead end. You cursed then hit the surface in front of you.

A gasp came out of your mouth as you heard the surface creak. Holy shit, it was wood! This was an old house right? So, if you broke it down, then maybe you can make it to the other side! You placed the candle on the floor then started to push the surface with both hands. After much effort, the wood broke down. You grabbed the candle on the floor then crawled again. Suddenly, the ground beneath you crumbled. A screamed erupted from your mouth as you felt yourself falling.

   'THIS IS IT! IM GOING TO DIE!!' You closed your eyes tighhtly and braced yourself for the hard impact.

Splash.

Why the heck did your ass feel wet?