ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ¹⁶

Tezuna dodged every attempt of Yoru's attacks. The blond assassin got overwhelmed by the emotions that coursed throughout his body. After all, he was fighting with the man who taught him how to fight, steal, and kill. No matter how talented he was, there was no doubt that this fight would be difficult. Yoru backed away from his father and barely got away from the force of the masked man's fist. Tezuna smirked under his mask then let out a chuckle.

"It seems that you have a long way until you surpass me. Honestly, it's kind of disappointing." He sighed.

Yoru lunged forward and quickly sprinted towards the man in an attempt to stab the man's arm. Or at least, he tried to. Tezuna tucked his shoulders and punched Yoru's stomach. In reflex, the blond boy jumped back in order to recover. Not wanting to waste time, Tezuna took advantage of this and rushed towards his son. Yoru got caught off guard by Tezuna's speed and miscalculated.

He had let go of the knife.

Yoru took and deep breath and once again fought his father. The blond boy swiftly punched his father in the solar plexus and attempted to knock him out. Unfortunately, Tezuna side stepped and Yoru's punch failed to land. The fight went on for what seemed like forever. Both were losing stamina, but neither gave up. In the corner of Yoru's blue eyes, he saw a glint of light. The knife. He dashed towards the direction of the metal object, he was so close, until his father kicked it farther from the both of them.

"Shit!" Yoru cursed under his breath. This fight was taking a toll out of him. His father's punches were strong and they hurt even if he did block them. As an assassin, every move must be precise, but the man he was fighting against was good. Their fighting styles were similar, after all, Tezuna did teach him how to fight. The former assassin backed away from his son then said,

"You cannot defeat me, son." Yoru panted and glared at his father. It was no secret that the man before him was a better fighter than he is, but Yoru always found his enemy's weakness. He had to.

"Shut up, old man. You're beginning to get weaker. I can feel it." Yoru hissed.

'One.' Yoru started.

"I maybe getting weaker, but so are you."

   'Two.'

"You're just like your mother, weak." Tezuna spat.

   'Three.'

"I still remember the day when I shot your mother in the head. The whore shouted so mu-"

   'Now.'

Yoru forced his body to move and lunged to the location of the knife and quickly snatched it off the ground. He had finally caught his father off guard. Before Tezuna could react, Yoru threw the knife to his head. The sharp knife met flesh and the satisfying squish could be heard. The old man let out a gasp and his hand touched the knife embedded in his chest where the heart resided. Tezuna could feel his body getting weaker and vision getting blurrier while Yoru stared at him with emotionless eyes.

"Don't assume that your abilities are the same they were years ago. You might've taught me how to fight, but your stamina has been deteriorating as the years past by." His father fell to his knees, then to the floor. Tezuna's shaking hand reached into the direction of his son. Yoru went closer to his father and pulled off the mask from his face.

"Hm, I did get my looks from mother." The assassin dropped the mask onto the floor then proceeded to leave the dead man's office and continue to find his (Y/n).

- - -

"Oh~ it seems that the mutt is here." Katsumi mockingly smiled at Yoru. The blond boy sighed; he had no time for this and he was getting impatient.

"Move out of the way."

Before Katsumi had the chance to open his mouth, Yoru fired the gun he had grabbed on the way. The emerald eyed boy dodged the bullet then rushed towards Yoru. Unfortunately for him, Yoru didn't give him a chance. When Katsumi got closer, he had fired another shot in between Katsumi's green eyes. The red haired boy instantly fell on the floor. Yoru didn't even spare a glance at him and left. After all, in hiseyes, the only thing that mattered was you.

- - -

Damn i'm really not good at writing fight scenes () huhu. And sorry I didn't give Katsumi a chance, to me, if Yoru had managed to kill his father then Katsumi was no match for him~