Knight of Converse - Chapter thirteen

A/N: I'm so sorry for the long wait. I'm so busy but I had to sacrifice time for you guys. I love you all so much and am so grateful for your support. I dedicate this chapter to all you who have stuck by me and supported me. I hope you like the chapter. It is quite different. The tone of it I suppose. But it's about time. I'm actually quite nervous about it. It's the best I could do at the moment. If there are any mistakes and typos please tell me. I haven't properly proof read it. Thanks again and vote, like and comment to support if you enjoy the chapter. Love you all. Sara. xxx

RE: NO ONE KNOWS WHO JJ IS YET. I HAVE NOT PREVIOUSLY MENTIONED HIM. HIS IDENTITY SHALL BE REVEALED LATER ON.

Knight of Converse

Chapter thirteen

I didn’t know what to say.

Duran’s face yesterday was enough to keep me hushed up until now. His expression was so cold, so stiff and so dangerously angry after I had replayed what I had seen. I was in a state of shock afterwards, and had to lie down straight away. My knees had buckled and I had almost passed out with fatigue. Duran knew that there was nothing that either of us could do, so he simply walked out of my room, slamming the door with an excessive amount of force.

He was refusing to speak ever since.

The tension now in the kitchen was as thick as the iceberg that sunk the Titanic. Duran stared down at his toast and eggs with stone cold hooded eyes. His shoulders were slightly hunched and his thick wavy onyx-black hair as unruly and wild as it had ever been. He wore a thick grey cashmere turtleneck sweater that hugged his sculpted chest well, accompanied with thick black jeans and my dad’s Timberlands. He was handsome even when he was in the worst mood.

I cleared my throat and brushed a stray curl of hair behind my ear. He didn’t look up. Already exasperated, I decided to just say something; otherwise we’d be here forever. I inwardly rolled my eyes.

“Duran,” I spoke his name softly. He still didn’t reply, neither did he budge.” Your eggs are cold.”

With a controlled exhale, he tightened his lips into a fierce white line and fisted his strong elegant hand on the table. On his left thumb he wore a thick gold band that had elaborate Celtic patterns. His mother’s tiny ring still rested on his pinky.

I moved off of my chair to approach him with caution. I really didn’t want him to suddenly lash out at me and start pulling my hair out. As soon as I stood at a close proximity beside him, I lifted my hand so that I could rest it on his fist as a sign of comfort. I was never really good with this consoling stuff. But before I could even touch him, he dramatically flinched away from me and roughly stood up.

“We ought to get going.” His voice came out rough and husky.

My heart panged hard once, and my stomach clenched. I bit my lip to stop myself from swearing at him. How dare he reject my sympathy?! Me! Soleils Maebh Collins Ambrosius’s sympathy? It was outrageous. I was hurt.

I gave him a curt nod and spun on my heel to stalk outside towards my mother’s car. Once we were both buckled up, I started the engine with unnecessary force and revved out of the drive way. My knuckles were a lighter brown and defined as I clenched them on the wheel. Stupid fool, to dare flinch away from me? The one time I actually try to be bloody nice…

“You know you could say something, yeah?” I shot at him. His lack of speech was seriously beginning to irritate me.

“There is nothing to be said.” He curtly replied, not even turning in my direction.