Knight of Converse - Chapter fourteen

A/N: Sorry for the late upload! I've been up all night writing this for you guys. It's almost 7am. I hope you all had a wonderful christmas and I want to just thank you again for being such amazing loyal fans. Enjoy this chapter. I don't know what you'll think or make of it. I just thought it was important for you to know, I suppose. 

Saraxxx

Knight of Converse

Chapter fourteen

“Vitals seem fine…”

“It is vital that you do not keep this behaviour up, Soleils Ambrosius…”

“Pupils responding well…”

“You seem to not be responding, am I right to assume that you have accepted your wrong doings?”

“Good dilation…”

“You’re a good girl, really, this isn’t much like you.”

Sol sat clutching the sides of the chair she was seated on. The principal’s office was a place that was unfamiliar to her, but lately she seemed to find herself in here much more often. The digital calendar on his wide oak desk blinked the date: 4/4/10. It was the third time she had been called here within the last month and a half. She wasn’t too worried though. Sol seemed to be good at getting herself out of sticky situations.

“I’m so sorry sir; I don’t even know what came over me. I shouldn’t have written a thing like that.”

“Indeed, you shouldn’t have.” Her old principle echoed her. His bald patch glimmered in the sunlight that poured in from the window behind him. Sol kept herself from laughing by biting her lip.

“I was just so upset; she was so horrible to me… I think it has something to do with her divorce…” Sol played on his empathy, knowing Principle Leighton was a genuinely nice person. So it was low of her, who cared?

“I’m not sure whether that’s an excuse enough to write a cuss word on a teacher’s whiteboard.”

Damn J! Out of all the words in the bloody English language... “No, sir.” Sol turned her big doe eyes on him, pulling the sweetest, most innocent face that she could muster. She was able to squeeze out a crocodile tear, and sniff a little; causing Principle Leighton to furrow his eyebrows in confusion. He was deliberating the punishment, and right at that moment, Sol knew she was in the clear. Thank God.

“A week’s detention should suffice.”

“Okay, sir.”

“I don’t ever want to see you back in my office again.”

That chance was as fat as his pot belly. “Okay, sir.”

Sol quickly got up and walked straight out of the door without saying bye. As soon as she left the office she leisurely began walking down the hall, and past the handsome young man leaning on the wall beside the office.

“Oh come on, speak to me,” He begged after catching up with her.

“Why?” She hissed. “So I can cover for you again? This goes on my permanent record you know!”

The brown skinned boy rolled his hazelnut eyes. “Don’t be so tight… you need to live a little... I’m only giving you a slight push…”

“More like a shove down the isle of hobo-ville! This rate I’ll have so many detentions on my record for crimes that I didn’t commit and rules that I didn’t break, that universities will give my applications one look before they toss it in the ‘most likely to become a prostitute even with a degree’ pile!”  She spun on her heel, with her fiery hazel-green eyes that the boy truly loved to see spark with fury. “So no, Joshua Jenkins, I shall not, as you put it, ‘live a little’.” She mimicked him.