Knight of Converse

Knight of Converse

Chapter One

“Seriously mom! I am not a freaking retard!”

“Soleils, I did not say that you were retarded, I’m just reminding you—”

“Yeah, like fifty thousand billion times! I got it the first time. Jeez, man.”

Mom gave me a dirty look then stalked out of my room, muttering that teens these days were so ‘goddamned inconsiderate’. Most teens were I had to admit. I was, sometimes. But I didn’t take so much notice. As time evolved and the generations progressed, human beings were becoming more fucked up and reverting back to their Neanderthal-like ways. That was my theory at least.

“And stop calling me Soleils! It’s Sol!

Unfortunately for me, I had absolutely destroyed my room because I couldn’t find my Medieval History book. It looked as though it had been bombed in the WWII Blitz, and what was sadder was that I had only just gained the energy to clean it yesterday. This is why I hated tidying up my room! Taking precious hours of my time to clean something that I was going to mess up in two minutes!

“I can’t find my bloody History book!” I screamed, and threw my alarm clock across the room where it then met its doom against my bedroom wall. I was so annoyed that I kicked my table, which then backfired and ended up inflicting more pain to my foot. Freaking hell!

“Sol will you stop knocking things over when you’re angry! I swear to God I will ground you for a month if I hear one more crash, boom or bang!” Dad shouted at me from the kitchen; his booming American accent flying up the stairs and asserting the strongest wave of authority in my face.

Naturally, I responded to his authority by flipping him off but saying nothing.

“Eff it!” I muttered, and grabbed my school bag from the floor and made my way to the kitchen. I was starving. I could smell waffles as I jumped off the last stair and shot into the kitchen. I bounced to the Island and onto a high chair, noticing that there we no waffles on the table. What the…?

“Where are all the waffles?”

“In my stomach.” Dad responded cheekily, then patted his flat stomach and grinned.

I gave him the dirtiest look that I could muster. “You should be fat, you’re so freaking greedy!” I exclaimed in annoyance then slumped onto the table.

“Mom I want waffles! This isn’t fair!”

“Stop being such a baby, you’re seventeen not two.” Dad smirked and went back to reading his paper. “Make your own.”

“You didn’t even make your own!”

“That’s because your mother loves me more.”

“She only uses you for your money!”

“I assure you, it’s much more than that.” He raised his eyebrows then winked at mom, who was on the phone. She grinned at him then blushed. Oh… oh ew.

“You’re the most despicable parents…” I groaned then placed my head in my hands and pouted. I really wanted waffles! Ugh! “I’m gonna starve myself!” I cried.

“More food for us then.” Dad interjected.

“I wasn’t talking to you! Stop being such a smartarse!” I growled back in my awkward half-American Half-British accent, glaring daggers at his newspaper so hard. I’m surprised I didn’t burn holes into the paper.