Knight of Converse - Chapter seventeen

A/N: HELLO  MY FANNIOS. YES, IT HAS BEEN QUITE SOME TIME, AND MORE THAN ONCE, I HAVE TOLD YOU I WILL BE BACK. AND YES, NOW I CAN OFFICIALLY CONFIRM THAT KNIGHT OF CONVERSE, HAS RETURNED, AND MY WRITERS BLOCK, IS GONE. WAHOO. 

THIS IS A FORMAL APOLOGY ABOUT THE ABOMINABLY LONG WAIT FOR THIS CHAPTER. MY LIFE IS SO HECTIC AND BUSY AND CRAZY, EVEN AFTER MY EXAMS ARE OVER, THAT IT HAS BEEN HARD FOR ME TO WRITE. BUT I'VE FOUND SOME SEMBLANCE OF A FLOW, AND I PROMISE THAT I WILL STRIVE TO NEVER ABANDON ANY OF YOU FANS FOR THAT LONG AGAIN. 

I LOVE YOU ALL DEARLY FOR THE SUPPORT, AND CONTINUE IN GROWTH OF SUPPORT SINCE I'VE BEEN AWAY. THANK YOU NEW, AND OLD FANS FOR THE PATIENCE, AND THE SUPPORT. 

Dedication to dreamygurl for responding and encouraging my messages and being such a very wonderful fan. <3

Now, without further adeiu, I give you, Knight of Converse, chapter seventeen.

P.S. It's not proof read. There will be typos, most likely.

Knight of Converse

Chapter seventeen

“What exactly did you mean, you know, when you said I had “waged a war” or some other cryptic shit?” I asked Fran Hughes as she finished lighting up the final candle in her attic.

“Watch your tongue,” she snapped at me.

“Sorry,” I said back, clearly not sorry at all.

She waved her hand dismissively in the air, and with a flick of her wrist, the attic door slammed shut and the lights dimmed down. The Spell Chamber, which I had nicknamed Fran’s attic, was a circular room, filled with all sorts of typical witch things, like crystals and herbs.

We were here because I was going to finally face one of my biggest obstacles: Accessing Merlin’s mind.

I had never before tried to do it intentionally, but when I did for the first time, I came up with no such luck. Somehow, the concentrated power in this room, was supposed to be of aid, when it all came down to business.

“Morgasa, as you know her as,” she gave me a quick look, “does not like to be challenged. The power that you wielded that night was a force to be reckoned with.”

I sighed. “I still don’t get it,”

“You made her look like a tool.” Fran simplified in an exasperated sigh.

For the first time in a long time, I threw my head back and let out a howling burst of laughter that shook me from the hilarity of it all. “So Miss Evil Queen B is pissed because I pwned her ass?”

Fran offered me a tight smile. “Precisely.”

“Man,” I laughed, “what a tool.”

Fran gave me a sharp look. “I don’t see the humour in this. It is extremely likely that the next time you battle Morgasa, it will be a face to face combat.”

I put a hand on my hip and snapped my fingers. “I’m always ready to cut a bitch.”

“If you can get that close.”

My mouth dropped with outrage. Was I hearing this right? “Wait, whoa, hold up. What are you tryna say?”

Her smile was grim. “Morgasa has had training – the most superior, in not only mortal, but magical combat. Though you have an enormous advantage, of having Merlin in your mind, she will still make for a vicious opponent.”