Knight of Converse - Chapter five

Knight of Converse

Chapter five

“Oh, sweet, my sweet sweet…” Duran hugged his sword to his chest and kissed the hilt over and over. You could say the look on my face was stunned, but that would truly be the understatement of the century. The fact that a person was so attached to an object, not just any object like a phone or a laptop but a weapon was actually beyond scary and seriously beyond my comprehension.

A weapon that he had used to kill someone.

I really do feel as though I take that way too lightly.

“Okay. Now you have your sword…”

“I would giveth my humblest apologies for the destruction of thoust car, but my tongue only speaks the truth.” He told me cheekily and grinned a handsome smile at me. If it wasn’t for the fact that he was so covered in dirt and a grimy beard and smelt as though he hadn’t showered in days, I would have smiled back.

“You’re such a douche.”

“Ah, ‘Douche’. Tu parle francais? I knoweth various words mine-self.” He bragged. I wish that I could smack my head against a concrete wall repeatedly and not die. He really did know how to push my buttons.

“I’m not speaking French!”

“But you are.”

“I am not!”

“I insist that I must be the one to correct thy error.”

“Ok. Go home.”

No matter how hard it was for me not to lose my tempter and swat him away, it was good to see that he was no longer in serial killer mode and wasn’t about to shove a hook up my nostril to pull my brain out and mummify me.

“I am not home.”

“Yeah… you’re in my driveway.”

He stood there and gave me that blank look again and I dramatically sighed. Would he ever get the message?

“Man you stink!”

“I beg your pardon?”

“You—” I pointed at him. “stink!” I waved my hand under my nose and screwed my face up.

He lifted his arm and sniffed his armpit then turned to look at his reflection in my car window. “It seems that I am in need of a decent clean.”

“You’re telling me.” I retorted sarcastically. “Well… see ya…”

I turned my back to walk towards my door hoping that he would just go away. But of course he wasn’t going to go down without a fight. I had a feeling that I was never going to be rid of him. I was going to be known as the girl with the hobo friend for the rest of my life. I suppose I better start getting used to it.

Yeah, fat chance.  

“Thoust did not tell me what you are named!”

I turned back slowly and looking at his charming smile. If he wasn’t so dirty I would have maybe been a little charmed. Admittedly.

I smirked. “I know.”

“Will you? For my peace of mind…” I couldn’t say no to the big bright blue puppy eyes he was making. It was just too cute! Why would he pull that on me?! Even when he was looking scummy he had the ability to make me want to say aww. Imagine what he’d look like clean…

I groaned. “Sol.”

“I beg your pardon?” He face showed confusion. I rolled my eyes.

“My name.”